What about BOB?

RobRed

Explorer
What about BOB? (The Ultimate Go Bag?)

Some thoughts I have on BOB.

http://tlcfaq.com/main/2015/06/bob/

For those that are not familiar with the term BOB it relates to preparing for an emergency or other situation. BOB is the colloquial terminology for Bug Out Bag. Hooky but seems to have made it into the lexicon.

Last edited:

RobRed

Explorer
Candy bar... thats definitely a comfort item! :wings:

That post has received 450 reads I would have thought more people would have chimed in with best practices... I guess it's played out and I'm late to the game.

RobRed

Explorer
I decided to leave out the security aspect as to keep the main focus. Certainly personal security is a survival topic that can be integrated into the topic but I think that means different things to different people. There are also some legal issues in carrying BOB wherever you go if BOB is packing (armed).

haven

Expedition Leader
So others don't waste their time going to another web site just to find out what the OP is talking about, BOB is the acronym associated with "bug-out bag." That's a quasi-military term for a kit holding essential items that you'll need to take with you when you have to leave in a hurry, or "bug out."

Zombie apocalypse fantasies aside, clearly it's worth considering what you'd grab in the event that your home is threatened by some sort of natural disaster.

RobRed

Explorer
So others don't waste their time going to another web site just to find out what the OP is talking about, BOB is the acronym associated with "bug-out bag." That's a quasi-military term for a kit holding essential items that you'll need to take with you when you have to leave in a hurry, or "bug out."

Zombie apocalypse fantasies aside, clearly it's worth considering what you'd grab in the event that your home is threatened by some sort of natural disaster.

I Didn't realize it would be a waste of time.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti

Oh the huge manatee. I wasted so much of my own personal time that I'll never get back. One click of the mouse, all that time it wasted....

Seriously people, get over it.

photogdave

Adventurer
For what it's worth I didn't click the link because I didn't know what BOB meant and I didn't want to visit a strange website to find out.
IF the original post defined BOB and I was interested in reading about a Bug Out Bag, I would have clicked the link.
I hope the OP takes this in the spirit it is meant, to be informative, and not as an insult or anything resembling it.

RobRed

Explorer
I'm not taking it any way.

We all click on links every day we dont know where they might lead - how do i know where the links in your signature really will take me, youtube? Maybe.

No worries. If it's helpful I'll go back to the top and define the idea.

Last edited:

photogdave

Adventurer
I'm not taking it any way.

We all click on links every day we dont know where they might lead - how do i know where the links in your signature really will take me, youtube? Maybe.

No worries. If it's helpful I'll go back to the top and define the idea.

Well, not to be pedantic, but I do define the links by stating they are my filmed adventures, and you can read in the URLs they are links to youtube and Vimeo, so it's pretty obvious where the links will take you.
I wasn't implying your link would be to a dodgy site!
Anyway, now I'll take a look. :)

Cheers!
Dave

Last edited:

RobRed

Explorer
Hey Dave,

Definitely not picking on your links or you but a person can mask a link title.

I do know some (honu) would prefer that I take the time to cross post entire articles to forums but that part won't happen anytime soon. :)

I hope you enjoy the brief read and please post back on your own experiences or thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier