What 4WD Trips/Adventures around Oz or NZ Are You Planning for 2017?

Clintnz

Observer
Going to take the cruiser down to the South Island late Feb or March. Last few trips down there have been on the motorbikes so about time for a 4x4+mountainbike visit again.

Cheers
Clint

KB62

Cape York

Planning a trip to the top of Cape York. Leaving in May heading up through the inland way to charters towers and then on to Cairns and the Cape. The is a little bit of a twist as we are heading up in a group of old Jeep vehicles. Should be a bit offensive.

Fugly

Adventurer
Depending on work....
We might do a trip up to Carawine Gorge....
Then spend a bit of time in The Pilbara just for ****s and giggles....

Cheers Fugly

DIPA

Since most of you in the East are heading West we might head east via the Simpson then up to the Dimantina.

Cheers DIPA

Shtef

Just setup a Prado with roof tent and a boot full of gear in Brisbane.

Looking to complete a full lap in 6 - 12 months. Heading north and tonight's the second night up near Kilcoy.

To be honest i don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm researching as best I can.

Anyone know how i can join some other people to tackle some of the easier 4wd routes up Cape York?

MarcusWyatt

If you're coming to New Zealand, then one area I'd have on my list is the Mount Richmond Forest Park and the drive up Mt Patriarch. Over the X-mas break I spend 2 days in the area and had a ball of a time exploring and being amazed by the beauty.

mt patriach track.jpg

And this was my campsite on the first night:

mt patriach campsite.jpg

I've also made a YouTube video about my adventure if you're keen to check it out:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste