Westfalia Vanagon Question

Gonzo

Hello All,

If anyone owns a Westfalia Vanagon and wouldn't mind posting the width and length of measurements of the erected tent I would really appreciate it. I'm doing a custom conversion and was curious to know if a Vanagon tent might be a lucky fit.

Thanks!

Brian
:smiley_drive:

Gonzo

Hey Chris,

Yup, I've been working on the same but not reversed. Essentially I want aan X-Panda but with the rear scissor lifts from a Westfalia thus increasing the usable space. I didn't want it reversed because I plan on climbing up using my front seats or, weather permitting, up the hood. Based on my measurements, Westfalia tents are about 46x102.5" and the 88" is 56x78". The width is perfect so all that is needed is a little cut and patch for the length. Anyway - feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss and swap ideas.

Take care,
Brian
Brian@hornerland.com

One4adventure

Have you got some pics of the scissor lift?
My feet are going to hit the roof if i lay on my back......
wonder if those hinges will clear the roof on the front?

Gonzo

Hi Chris,

The scissors are from a Vanagon series Westfalia. The are reported to be the most robust. I've attached some pictures of the scissors open, closed and both sides along side a ruler and my measuring tape to give you some perspective.

I purchased the struts from GoWesty.com. They are locking and offer 100lbs or resistance each. The GoWesty part number is 3100-LOCK-KIT.

The Westfalia tent dimensions I listed I measured personally on my neighbors 2000 Eurovan which was actually a Winnebago conversion and not a actual Westfalia but the tents should be similar if not the same. The nice part about Winnebago is that many of their parts are still available - check here.

I called Pan Pacific RV to order the struct mounting hardware that was used on the Eurovan conversion.

Now I just have to figure out how to mount everything. My rollbar is my sticking point so I'll have to get more creative than if I didn't have it.

Hope that helps.

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2366.JPG
    IMG_2366.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 18