Westfalia campers

haven

Expedition Leader
"Those Westfalia guys" are still in business. For several years they were part of Mercedes. During that time, Westfalia made a camper on the first Sprinter platform for Airstream. Now the company is independent again, and offers camper conversions for several European vans.

Here's the web site http://www.westfalia-van.de/en.html

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Yeah good stuff. the Sprinter doesn't do it for me.. strictly a road vehicle it seems. If someone would just update the Vanagon Syncro Westy design... give it a better power plant, etc. Come in around $40-50k instead of the silly 100k mark... folks would eat it up. The Vanagons are the best laid out rv imo...I'm beating a dead horse here.

st

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Yeah good stuff. the Sprinter doesn't do it for me.. strictly a road vehicle it seems. If someone would just update the Vanagon Syncro Westy design... give it a better power plant, etc. Come in around $40-50k instead of the silly 100k mark... folks would eat it up. The Vanagons are the best laid out rv imo...I'm beating a dead horse here.

I could argue the price comparison or the characterization of the Sprinter as strictly a road-only vehicle, but there already many good posts about the Sprinter for those who are interested. Not to mention that this is the wrong forum.

But I can't help slipping in that over the five+ years I've had my dual purpose Sprinter conversion, the single group to show the deepest interest in and most enthusiasm for my truck have been VW van owners tired of trying to live comfortably out of something that small. :)

sarconcepts

Adventurer
i just looked around the westfalia site.. ..
i cant believe the amount of storage they've crammed into the James Cook model, shelves for spices, towels, magazines, food, toiletries, they thought of everything!
i'm really impressed, for a smaller RV, they really make it worthy of long term travel
their attention to detail is way better than I expected

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
WOW ! http://www.westfalia-van.de/en/models/james-cook/interior.html

That's like 20 lbs of hammers in a five pound bag.

Now, I understand that turtle-top and its function, rather than just getting the taller version Sprinter.

wow. that's a very nice rig. That's honestly the first setup that has me thinking it'd be worth whatever price tag they've attached to it. If I were to guess, I'd say that's probably in the $150k-$175k range...

Can anyone tell me how far off I am?

I, again for the first time, could see Melissa and I using something like that to travel around the country in. very cool. I really like the use of bright and somewhat muted tones used on the inside.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Base price $72,200.00 Euro's or about $96,000.00USD

Once it's loaded up, it's probably up around $150 or so, so I wasn't that far off at all.

nice!

Edit: I picked out the options I think I'd use, and it actually only added about $6-7k. :D I'm a cheap date, apparently!

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Brian,
That is not bad at all, considering what one gets, relative to what else is out there. Now, the question would be can it be gotten here in the states ?

We should probably move this discussion over to the other thread that Scott started...

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Brian,
That is not bad at all, considering what one gets, relative to what else is out there. Now, the question would be can it be gotten here in the states ?

We should probably move this discussion over to the other thread that Scott started...

Noted, I'll post anything further over there. :)

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
No offense intended. Just thought we were getting a bit off track.
I sent a note to Chip, asking if he would help... :ylsmoke:

alosix

Expedition Leader
Base price $72,200.00 Euro's or about $96,000.00USD

Once it's loaded up, it's probably up around $150 or so, so I wasn't that far off at all.

nice!

Edit: I picked out the options I think I'd use, and it actually only added about $6-7k. :D I'm a cheap date, apparently!

Don't forget your 25% chicken tax :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles