Western Rally

zelatore

Explorer
OK, who's going to the Western National Land Rover Rally in the Sierra?

Should have trail runs for anybody from stock to rock crawler. Even doing a pre-event run on the Rubicon for the more adventurous. If you were at the first event in Sedona, you know it was a blast. This one should be everything that one was and then some!

Oh, and did I mention there's a raffle to win a built overland D2? Yeah.

https://www.wnlrr.com/

I'm new to the mainland scene but I would surely like to tag along with some groups since I'll most likely be solo. I'll drive up from SoCal and make the adventure!

zelatore

Explorer
I don't know who all is coming up from SoCal, but I'm sure you can find a few folks to caravan up with.

Although coming up 5 or 99 is likely your fastest route (depending on where exactly you're starting) 395 is FAR more interesting/scenic.

Jwestpro

Explorer
That sounds fun and not too bad a drive either. Hwy would be my main route from seattle simply for scenery

zelatore

Explorer
That sounds fun and not too bad a drive either. Hwy would be my main route from seattle simply for scenery
I'd love to see you down here! I'll be there with both my LR3 (wife is driving it separately) and the D1 (coming in via the Rubicon)

zelatore

Explorer
I will not go to Communist controlled California.
Your loss. Pretty much when I hear somebody start talking like that I can assume you have no idea what California is really like. It's not all LA or SF. So how about you leave your politics behind and try having an open mind? Nobody's asking you to move here, join a hippy commune, and take up weed smoking and kale eating. We're asking you to come play with a bunch of like-minded Rover owners in arguably the most magnificently gifted state in the union in terms of natural beauty. You'll be free to leave after - we don't chain people up and make them stay.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I will not go to Communist controlled California.
Your loss. Pretty much when I hear somebody start talking like that I can assume you have no idea what California is really like. It's not all LA or SF. So how about you leave your politics behind and try having an open mind? Nobody's asking you to move here, join a hippy commune, and take up weed smoking and kale eating. We're asking you to come play with a bunch of like-minded Rover owners in arguably the most magnificently gifted state in the union in terms of natural beauty. You'll be free to leave after - we don't chain people up and make them stay.
Been there plenty. Too many people. And stupid politics. Have it and stay there.

Hope I struck a nerve. LOL. Sensitive little fellow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We are coming from Huntington Beach, probably have a 3-LR3 caravan already.

I'm about 40 min south of you in Oceanside. If I'm not already in NorCal during this time, I would love to be a forth in that LR3-threeway convoy North!!!!!! hahahaha If you guys don't mind me tagging along I would live to jump on board. This being my first rally, what are the best campsite options? Stay on-site or off-site areas of preference? I plan to be in the RTT or the sleeping platform for the duration just don't know where the best site(s) options are?????

Abran

Observer
I'm about 40 min south of you in Oceanside. If I'm not already in NorCal during this time, I would love to be a forth in that LR3-threeway convoy North!!!!!! hahahaha If you guys don't mind me tagging along I would live to jump on board. This being my first rally, what are the best campsite options? Stay on-site or off-site areas of preference? I plan to be in the RTT or the sleeping platform for the duration just don't know where the best site(s) options are?????

Not sure myself! My wife and I are RTTing it as well.

I’ll do some research on the camping and get back to you.

zelatore

Explorer
Just registered and looking forward to finally meeting some of the NCLR crew!
We'll be there!

I'm leading the Rubicon people in on the pre-run in my D1; the wife is coming up directly in the LR3.

Your registration does include on-site camping, though there are off-site areas you could stay as well. Those who prefer not to camp can look into the various lodging options at Bear Valley (condos, hotel, etc) or others - I'm not sure myself what all might be available locally. The website has some info on that I believe.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys (and girls hopefully) there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles