Western NC

Bodo

Adventurer
Wait, which parts in Cullowhee were shut down?

I went to WCU and still have a house in Sylva. Seems like all my old trails are closed. Wonder if Rough butt is still open?

Last edited:

shellb

Adventurer
I understand as well, please let us know when you head out again. I would love to join the group.

zolo

Explorer
I totally understand. There are some spots I know of that I dont post publicly due to that fact. Next time I head out there I will shoot you a PM.

Thanks for understanding. I dont want to withhold but its tough times right now. I wish we had way more public land than we do in the east. Or atleast let the exsiting roads remain open and simply dont create any more new roads.

Please PM when you decide to head out Im always ready. :victory:

ben2go

Adventurer
Most everything in upstate SC has been shut down as well.Years ago Twin Lakes was shut down because some teens had got in there drinking and rolled a vehicle over killing one or more of it's occupants.I miss that area.Wasn't big but was a challenge.I hear a lot of people up north and out west talk about running hydro/power line trails and fire breaks.If you get caught doing that around upstate SC,you'll get a trespass fine at the least and up to 30 days in jail,if they don't get you on multiple counts.Some areas are even using hunting cams where people are known to roam.Sad really.People can't even explore their own back yards, but the government preaches about getting up and getting out.How ironic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94