We're shortlisted for the 2015 Top Truck Challenge

DiscoDino

Observer
Hey guys - So we heard the news yesterday (haven't seen an issue live in hand) that we made the cut of 31 trucks for Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge! #25 on the list!

Needless to say, we're pretty excited...the 1983 Defender 110 HCPU has already undergone a lot of transformation, but I'm trying o keep with the theme of the Land Rover Challenge truck look/feel...

If you do pick up Four Wheeler regularly, I'd appreciate a vote...if you don't, maybe this is a good time for a good Land Rover cause...I think this would be the second time a Land Rover was included in the top 10 (a nice D90 was in there in the 90s).

Thanks as always! We're scrambling to finish the truck, test it, and then ship it from the Middle East to Cali!

Nadim

Attachments

• IMG_8253.JPG
    IMG_8253.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 89

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
WELL DONE! Congratulations and good luck. Pretty cool accomplishment for ExPo inmates.

I seem to recall a lot of carnage in the TTCs. Try to have a truck left over when you're done. :sombrero:

DiscoDino

Observer
LOL - Thanks Mike...If we need to re-work some things on that D110 we'll enjoy the 110 CSW in the meantime or the 2dr Disco...but nothing beats a Chevy 6.0 and 54s ;)...

Appreciate the support!

DiscoDino

Observer
thanks guys - last week was very productive!

Attachments

• IMG_8781.jpg
    IMG_8781.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8786.jpg
    IMG_8786.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8791.jpg
    IMG_8791.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8794.jpg
    IMG_8794.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8788.jpg
    IMG_8788.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 21

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Um.... what part of that truck is still from a Land Rover??? Oh I see now - the front hood and lower windshield frame...

Nice build though...

DiscoDino

Observer
Thanks guys...

There is 4' (+) of frame under the cab, there is the complete cab (110 HCPU), and the hood...we're reusing the clutch and brake pedals (only)...that's about it :)...it'll look like a Defender up front (we hope) when we're done...

More importantly, the documents say so (Defender 130)...the truck is built in Lebanon so that it will remain street legal, insured...etc...(taking advantage of the corruption there).

Obviously, no Land Rover component would be able to withstand +42" tires...I tried already...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles