Went out to Great Sand Dunes National Park today

Clay

Adventurer
I took the boys and the wife on a little road trip today out to the Great Sand Dunes National park in southern Colorado. What a cool thing to go and see. The dunes themselves are amazing, but they are also tucked right into the Sangre de Cristo moutains and that makes them amazing. Theres some pretty good trails to go explore around, but we spent most of the time playing on the dunes. I hiked up to the top and got a little bit of a wake up call, because hiking up hill in the sand at 8000 feet is no easy task. It was pretty rewarding once at the top, and very worth the effort.

Anyways, here's some pics......enjoy.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
That place is so awesome. Can't believe I've yet to take my children there. Soon...soon...

hattrik21

Adventurer
One place I've always wanted to check out. In Sept I'm headed to Ouray for some wheeling but I think on the way home, were' going to make a side trip and check that place out.

Clay

Adventurer
I'd recommend it, and take a look at the Medano Pass road up out of the park. It's pretty fun and got some good views, but nothing hard core at all.

Their website is pretty good for info too.

hattrik21

Adventurer
Clay said:
I'd recommend it, and take a look at the Medano Pass road up out of the park. It's pretty fun and got some good views, but nothing hard core at all.

Their website is pretty good for info too.

I'll throw the idea out to the group we're going with and see what everyone wants to do. Thanks for that tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online