Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Well it's almost that time again....... I would love to hear what you would like to see happen for this years Sema build?

I know you guys have to have some great ideas.......

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Jeremy no good suggestions to better the van you brought last year however I do have a suggestion for show display vendors.

Get better stripper Babes at all the display booth's this year.

To say last years crop of "Hostess's" were average would be kind!

Last edited:

marret

Yeah, kind of hard to keep outdoing the previous years.

Few minor thoughts (sorry for any repetition):
-Fender flares
-Tube mini sliders with attachments to the frame for each of the front doors and side doors. Why? Some of us don't have frame access along the entire frame and/or don't want all the weight. I don't think you can mount sliders on my driver's side, Starcool stuff is in the way.
-Undercarriage skid plates?
-Replacement upper control arms for the stock suspension? Don't know this is worth the effort, just a thought.
-Did you finish the aluminum rear bumper with swing outs?

Last edited:

whith

I’m on board with Marrets suggestions. All really good ones that would generate real interest from potential customers. I’d envision also some sort of modular rear storage platform and/or drawer system that could be sold in parts and made out of aluminum.

GARhead

Chevy Express 4x4 Chase Van. Coil-over conversion, spare wheels & parts for the Trophy Truck, tools, welder, air compresser...all the stuff needed to chase in Baja. All the while seating 4 dudes in Sienna seats watching tv next to the frig full of Ballast Point.
Weldtec for the win.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks guys for your contribution and we would really like to see this continue to grow here on EP...... Here is the first video as to what some of the plans are for the Chevrolet Express 3500 4x4 van.

Please feel free to add more suggestions.

North

Observer
- Passenger seat swivel
- Spare tire mount that swings open simultaneously with rear door (similar to Owl Engineering product for Sprinters)

Interested to see what you come up with for mounting fogs to the stock bumper. I don't have time to fab something myself and would definitely be interested (as long as they are mounted low, similar to your awesome tube front bumper).

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
- Passenger seat swivel
- Spare tire mount that swings open simultaneously with rear door (similar to Owl Engineering product for Sprinters)
-Interested to see what you come up with for mounting fogs to the stock bumper. I don't have time to fab something myself and would definitely be interested (as long as they are mounted low, similar to your awesome tube front bumper).
  • The Swivel ...... This would be a great one to add to the list!​
  • This one would be a little more difficult due the the fact that the hinges for the door are on the inside of the door vs outside like the sprinters. But i do love the concept.​
  • The LIGHTFORCE VENOM driving lights are about 6" in diameter so that would be a decent size hole to cut but totally doable​
Thanks for the ideas now its time to head to the shop to see what we can make happen..

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Lets spitball more ideas and we will feature your comments in the video...... Plus we will be doing some really cool giveaways on our social media so make sure you are following and subscribed.

Stevemo

Diesel fired engine heater, skis up front, tracks and portal axles on the back. It would get lots of attention but probably be a touch hard to sell.

shirk

A family weekender van. Can be used as a daily driver and for weekend adventures. Seats four and sleeps four inside the van, not in a rooftop tent. Cooking outside the van. Modular so dad can also use it to do hardware store runs for renovations. Not a hardcore wheeling van but able to handle foresty roads.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
I completely dropped the ball on posting all of the craziness we have been doing with this years Sema build. To bring you a little up to date check out this awesome video where Kaiden helps me install a Titan Fuel Tank on our spare tire carrier.
What I really like about this:
1. Now I don't need to run gas on my 2nd swing or on top of my box.
2. Easy to unbolt and remove if not being used.
3. 12 extra gallons of gas

This does come with a siphon hose to remove the gas for the Titan Tank and into the fuel filler.

Do you think this Titan fuel tank would be helpful on your van?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles