WeldTec Designs 6" Ford E-Series suspension specs "twin i beam 2 wheel drive"

4wheeldrivevan

Observer
These lift kits look great and I'm thinking of purchasing one but on the Ford I Beam it says "DO NOT BEND OR WELD" why does Ford have the warning on it and why do so many companies bend or weld them anyway?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Likely because they don't want to be liable for some monkey bending them when they don't know what they're doing. If not heated and bent right the alignment could be all messed up or bend more.

wjeeper

Bending beams use to be the only way to set alignment! Pics below of how they use to do it. Now we have camber bolts and adjustable ball joints. No need to bend or weld to set alignment.
Ibeam-bending01.jpg

Bending, cutting and welding on beams is super common on f-150's/ rangers/ broncos/ econolines for desert use. Has been done for decades despite the cast in warning.
IMG_5317.jpg

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Aluminum roof rack and 6" lift kit

Its been a while since we added pics to this thread!
This was a super clean Ford E350 Sportsmobile that we added our Baja Grocery Getter 6" lift to with a set of custom leaf springs. We also added our Aluminum roof rack to this pop top.
Aluminum Roof Rack Weight= 120lbs

We are currently building the Aluminum roof racks for the Ford E-Series van, Chevrolet Express van and the Mercedes Sprinters.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Hey Jeremy I had a couple questions about the 6" Baja Grocery Getter kit. Is the "Complete Performance Package" the same as ordering the 6" kit and adding the leaf pack? Asking because there is an $80 price difference ($3499 vs. $3580). Also how does the leaf pack handle vs. lift blocks when towing? I'll be towing an offroad race truck so total weight with trailer and spares will be in the 8-10k lb range. And my last question is what backspacing on the wheels are you typically running with this kit? If it matters the kit would be going on a 97 E350 RB w/ a V10.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
-Jason

macsfamily

Here are some pics of my van with Jeremy's full kit ( new rear springs ). A friend and I installed the kit in about 7 hours. Fairly straight forward. Also added one of Jeremy's bumpers. The van is still a work in progress, but I have put approx 2,500 miles on it since installing the lift. Love it! Van rides and handles way better than original. One item I noticed is, the front brake lines are JUST long enough. Will be replacing those soon. I'm not sure why the pics posted side ways??
IMG_4262.jpg
IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4282.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4431.jpg

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
I wanted to share with you a couple more of the recent builds we have completed.
This is a 2012 Ford E-350 that we did the complete performance package. That includes our 6" Baja Grocery Getter kit in the front with custom springs in the rear and Fox shocks at all for corners. In addition we added 1.5 wheel spacers at all for corners to accommodate the new 35" tires. We ran 18" Method Race wheels "GRID" with the Titanium face and black ring sitting nicely on 35" BFG tires. To finish off the Ford E-Series van we added our Fox Steering Stabilizer kit to help reduce the feedback in the steering wheel.

Not bad for a 2 wheel drive.......... What do you think?

svtnos

I wanted to share with you a couple more of the recent builds we have completed.
This is a 2012 Ford E-350 that we did the complete performance package. That includes our 6" Baja Grocery Getter kit in the front with custom springs in the rear and Fox shocks at all for corners. In addition we added 1.5 wheel spacers at all for corners to accommodate the new 35" tires. We ran 18" Method Race wheels "GRID" with the Titanium face and black ring sitting nicely on 35" BFG tires. To finish off the Ford E-Series van we added our Fox Steering Stabilizer kit to help reduce the feedback in the steering wheel.

Not bad for a 2 wheel drive.......... What do you think?

I want mine to look like that lol

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Its been a few months since I added pics to this thread, lets check out the latest Ford E-350 to get our Baja Grocery Getter Lift kits. We are running 17x8.5 Method Race wheels on 285x70x17 BFG tires which give it a great stance and appearance.

As you can see this Ford van got a little more then just a lift as we did a complete outfitting with ALL WeldTec Designs Components. Our front plate bumper with bull bar and recessed shackle mounts and 30 LED light bar mount. The next step was adding our tube rock sliders to assist with passengers getting in and rocker panel protection.
In the rear we added our rear plate bumper with tire carrier and side light guards. For this build the customer wanted the Gas can mounted to the door which is supported with an internal bracket for support. This allows the owner to open the passenger door without opening the tire rack.

To top off this build we added our Ford E-series Aluminum roof rack. This full length rack features a rolled top tube to give it a sleek appearance. On this rack we did 3" slats with a 3" spacing and then added a 54" curved LED Light bar that contours the front tube of the roof rack.

Of course we need access to the new Aluminum roof rack so a ladder was a must have.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/...ce=b4a95d6f23&_thumbnail_id=6450&preview=true

As you can see we added a lot of goodies to this build which are all available for your Ford E-Series van, so let us know how we can help you with your build.

We should be seeing lots more of this van in the Fall with a new paint job so make sure you stay tuned..............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles