WeldTec Designs 6" Ford E-Series suspension specs "twin i beam 2 wheel drive"

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
WeldTec Designs 6" Ford E-Series suspension specs "twin i beam 2 wheel drive"

There have been a lot of questions about our 4" and 6" bent beam kits. I am going to attempt to answer any and all questions regarding these kits. We will be posting more on the install process soon for all you that don't have the option of having us install or would like to do it yourself.
In this build we started with a 2008 Ford E-250 standard length passenger van. To start we took a couple measurements at the front and back wheel well opening. From the ground to the bottom of the front wheel well. Here is what it measured: 35" front and in the rear 34", this is with a 225x75x16 wheel and tire.

GOPR0247.jpg,GOPR0240.jpg

After the install of the Kit, which includes:
6" Bent I-Beams
Custom fabricated extended radius arms and brackets (powder Coated Black)
Coils
Bilstein shocks front
2" rear blocks
Bilstein shocks rear

The 6" stage 2 kit does require you to weld on the new pivot brackets for the extended radius arms. Once the WTD stage 2 is installed we took another measurement with the stock tire and wheel. Now we have 38 3/4 front and 36" in the rear. As you can see the 6" lift does not truly give a 6" lift though it is a considered a 6" lift coil.

This build we went with a 285/70/17 Nitto Terrra Grappler g2 tire mounted 17 X 8 Method wheel with 4.5" back spacing. With this wheel and tire option there is "NO" wheel rub on the Radius arms and full turn. However it did require a little trimming on the lower part of the plastic front valance to clear the tires when turning.
Once again we measured the van in the shop on flat ground. Now we have 41" front and 38 1/4" in the rear. You do have the option to run a 3" block in the rear and in the near future we will be adding custom spring options to our kits.

This is just basic Specs on the Stage 2 kit. If you have questions please let us know and we will try help you out. We will be posting more pics and also a video on our youtube channel to help you out with the install if you purchase the kit along with tech support to make it as simple as possible.
Thanks
WeldTec Designs

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
We are only doing 2 wheel drive suspension kits. We will also be adding a variety of accessories such as bumpers, rock sliders and roof racks for the Ford E-Series vans.
For 4x4 conversions check out Agile, they are building some great 4x vans.
Thanks

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Just a heads up for those of you that have had questions regarding wheel size, we recommend going with a 17x8 w 4.5 backspacing. You can get away with the 16" wheel on the older vans because they have smaller brake components. However the newer vans increased brake caliper size have a tendency to rub on the wheel if you don't have the correct backspacing. Keep in mind that to little backspacing on the wheel will interfere with those that have a sliding rear door.
OUR TWO CENTS......
WTD

Petrolburner

Explorer
Do you know the wheel travel of a stock E350 compared to the wheel travel with your 4" kit? My van seems to have very little suspension travel and I'm looking to improve that.

radorsch

Adventurer
Do you know the wheel travel of a stock E350 compared to the wheel travel with your 4" kit? My van seems to have very little suspension travel and I'm looking to improve that.

No quite what your'e asking, as I ended up going with 6" (final is actually more like 5-5.5"). I got a good 12" of travel, including 8" to the bump stops. Really made a big difference. There's a couple pics in my original thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...nt-I-Beam-Lift-for-E350-(E-series-vans)/page8

Grngiant

Adventurer
Here is mine...E250 with 4" Weldtec lift. Couple of pics of bumpstop to beam clearance.

The difference in ride is amazing, takes big holes and speedbumps like they are not there.

REDOVAL

Adventurer
Here is mine...E250 with 4" Weldtec lift. Couple of pics of bumpstop to beam clearance.

Grngiant,

Can you measure the available exposed shock shaft travel with this setup as well (including the rubber donut on the bottom)? It appears from the photos that the shock will bottom out before the ibeam contacts the OEM bump stop. Hopefully this is just a perspective issue with the images you posted. Thanks

Scott

Petrolburner

Explorer
No quite what your'e asking, as I ended up going with 6" (final is actually more like 5-5.5"). I got a good 12" of travel, including 8" to the bump stops. Really made a big difference. There's a couple pics in my original thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...nt-I-Beam-Lift-for-E350-(E-series-vans)/page8

That's good info, 12" of travel with the lift installed, and prior to the lift maybe only 7 or 8" of travel stock? More wheel travel is better, but I load motos into my van all the time with a ramp, so trying to balance suspension travel with loading height and ramp angle. Sometimes I'm too tired to kick that big XR650R again to ride it up the ramp and I just push it up the ramp.

Grngiant

Adventurer
Grngiant,

Can you measure the available exposed shock shaft travel with this setup as well (including the rubber donut on the bottom)? It appears from the photos that the shock will bottom out before the ibeam contacts the OEM bump stop. Hopefully this is just a perspective issue with the images you posted. Thanks

Scott
Good eye. There is 1 inch difference. The shock will bottom out. Time for different bumpstops. Thanks for pointing it out. No Fall Guy jumps with the van today.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Good eye. There is 1 inch difference. The shock will bottom out. Time for different bumpstops. Thanks for pointing it out. No Fall Guy jumps with the van today.

Keep in mind guys they are different ratios.... 12 " of wheel travel you don't need a 12" shock. The shock is moving 3/4"+- while the wheel moves 1+ at the beam". Make sure you get some sweet video off the fall guy jumps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles