weights - general items

Chorky

Observer
I'm wondering if anyone has some general 'total' weights of a variety of standard camping type gear that I can use as a base instead of trying to find a way to weigh all my own items (and guess things I dont have).

This really is just general items, and maybe a couple of simple specialty things, but most of it applies to 'old school' camping gear sufficient for maybe a week - think, camping back in the 90's

Things like:
chuck box
cooler/fridge with food
water
chairs for two
sleeping gear
clothing
medical equipment
recovery gear
lantern/lights
porta poty w/privacy tent
hot water heater
fishing gear
hiking pack
etc...

Just looking for a general idea to do some math. Never have I weighed all these items before and not quite sure where to start. 300#'s, 800#'s, theres a difference...

Thnks ahead of time.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Put all your stuff in your vehicle (that you know the weight of) and go to a roadside weigh station for a total. Easy math.
I did that and found the total weight of my LR fully kitted with everything on a trip, with full tanks and me was 7000 pounds. I really did not care for the weight of individual items.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Grab your home scale and bring it to where your camping gear is....you know your weight. Pick up the item, step on the scale, check the weight. Grab the next item, rinse & repeat. It will go pretty quick and also what someone else has for a chuckbox or fishing gear might vary greatly from what you have.

billiebob

almost every product you list will have weights included on the Amazon website.
custom items like a chuck box you'll need to do a take off of all the products used then same thing find and add up the weight

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
almost every product you list will have weights included on the Amazon website.
custom items like a chuck box you'll need to do a take off of all the products used then same thing find and add up the weight

Yep. And then, when you get really obsessed, like me, you keep a little list or spreadsheet in your phone. I keep one with weights and measures, so I'm always ready to find that perfectly-sized thing to fit into a given space.

ripperj

Explorer
All I can add is that I was amazed at how much my truck weights as I normally drive it. I was getting a pre-camper weight.
All that stuff you drive with, tools, air compressors, winches, oil, antifreeze , just general crap added up to several hundred pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles