Wedco Water Cans

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
So I hear Wedco will still make the water can. Does anyone know how the food grade liner will fair with petroleum based products?

I'm thinking a nice can of OD paint and a new Wedco water can will make one nice NATO Fuel Can.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I have the wedco fuel and water cans and love them both. But I would say putting fuel in the water can will probably erode the food grade liner at some point and then it will enter your fuel system and cause all sorts of problems. JMO..Thomas

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
That was my fear as well, but I figured I'd ask just in case someone had tried it.

I guess I could always use a Tank Liner Kit that you can get from any auto restoration store.

With the new regulation coming in 2009, I'm just trying to find alternatives in the event I need more (or replacement) fuel cans.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Also, be aware the Wedco has stopped production on their current water cans. From what I have been told, they are redesigning the cans, and the new versions should be available some time in early 2009.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I had not heard that the wedco water cans were changing also. I figured they could remain the same.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Overland Hadley said:
They have new ones out now that have a bigger pouring spout.

Are the new ones actually out now? Everywhere I have checked recently, both via phone and internet has said they are out of the water cans until the redesigned versions are shipped.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Fergie said:
Are the new ones actually out now? Everywhere I have checked recently, both via phone and internet has said they are out of the water cans until the redesigned versions are shipped.

Sorry, I did not see that they are still on backorder. Here is where I saw the info British Pacific

Have you tried GoWesty.com? When I checked this summer they had a few in stock. Also try Adventure Trailers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz