Weboost Drive Reach OTR antenna mounting location on Jeep?

agent00111

Hi,

I was able to successfully test my new Weboost drive reach OTR over the weekend in a low signal area. I did so by temporary mounting the antenna just to make sure it works. I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, and my ham radio antenna is mounted front drivers side, and my CB antenna is mounted in the back to the spare wheel. I'm thinking about removing my CB radio and antenna, as anymore I mainly use my ham radio or GMRS radios. For the omnidirectional OTR antenna, Can I mount that (with all the mast segments) to the back mount of the spare tire (replacing where the CB antenna is mounted)? And if so, will that impede some of the signal coverage, as the antenna top would be close to the rooftop and rooftop tent?

I want to keep as much distance between the internal antenna which is mounted on front dash and the external antenna.

Thanks!

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Those booster antennas should be as high and clear as possible. Don't need AFAIK to provide a ground plane under them. So if the CB antenna mount allows you to use mast extensions to put the big section above your roof, rack and RTT then it should work acceptably. If the randome is below or level with the RTT then that will affect directionality, so the higher the better ideally.

index.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94