Webasto TSL17 Hydronic furnace wiring help

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Hello, I am getting close to finishing my DIY Webasto furnace install. I say DIY because I bought the standard diesel truck coolant heater and have collected the parts needed. I have pretty much everything installed and am now wiring. Our heater came with a simple 3 wire lit toggle switch for turning it on/off. There is a red/black and brown wire. So now I want to hook this to a standard household thermostat (Honeywell th1010d2000). I know these same furnaces are used on smaller boats and use a thermostat (which I could have bought the package at a much higher price than what I have assembled). I think from the wiring diagram I need to use the black and brown wires for the thermostat and ignore the red as I think it was just used to light the switch when operating.

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Ok, I think I figured this out. I am not an electrician but I think this is pretty simple. From the diagram it looks like the 12v + that is the "Power" #2, when the switch is in the on position the black "ON Signal" wire gets the 12v +. The brown ground is used solely for the light in the switch.
IMG_20200115_134835.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94