Webasto st2000 space heater..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Looking at buying a diesel fired interior space heater like the Webasto ST2000 for the inside of my defender 110..supposedly uses about 0.05 gallons per hour..runs for 12 hours on less than a gallon of diesel with very little electrical draw...may have a good purchase price on a couple of barely used units...anyone interested or have any experience with these..???

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I think I can get these down to about $500 each plus shipping if I am buying at least 3 or so....they are about the size of a shoebox so it shouldn't be too much.. they are complete with thermostat control etc etc...I would guess about $530..?? shipped..!!! I know i have seen these usually about $700-$800 incomplete and $1500 new...

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I'm looking to purchase an ST2000 for one of our vehicles. I'm curious how "barely used" your units will be? Any chance you'll be able to post pics? $530 shipped is an excellent price if they're like new.

blupaddler

Conspirator
I'm looking to purchase an ST2000 for one of our vehicles. I'm curious how "barely used" your units will be? Any chance you'll be able to post pics? $530 shipped is an excellent price if they're like new.

Ditto...

lowenbrau

Explorer
I bought a used one for our Kamparoo a few months ago and I thought $500 was a great deal. We ran it in ~ -10-15 C for the River Shiver weekend and it used about a gallon and a half of fuel for the three nights and I did not charge the 110A/H battery all weekend. Stupid hot though. I figured I could duct it through some PVC and it melted that in no time. I measured 60C with a laser thermometer at the vents.

I have also had a Webasto TSL17 for heating my engine coolant for 15 years. It has been money well spent.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
You said they were complete, but how complete? Have they they provided a list of everything included with each kit? What model year are they?

This would be great to plumb into a transfer flow tank and heat the FWC with.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
They are supposed to have everything that is shown in the top right side of the link I posted recently..between here and another site these are going like hotcakes..LOL..I think I have purchased a few extras so will keep all posted on this thread as it evolves..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I got these in but I only have 5 for sale...but I think there is about 10 people who want them... I guess I should just put it down as first in best dressed...but I must warn you, I have a few people over on D-90 source interested as well as I thought initially I was getting 12 of them..here are some pics of everything included.. Unfortunately it is $550 shipped..i say unfortunately because I know I priced them too low...LOL...

webasto-001-L.jpg
webasto-002-L.jpg
webasto-003-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior