Weatherproof slide rail system for uncovered truck bed?

Hi all - I'm trying to find the right way to go about building a weatherproof slide rail system in the back of my truck that would be very similar to what I did for a covered trailer (see pics). I used steel angle iron to frame each slide rail and then used Orr & Orr heavy duty full extension rails. Was able to attach my camp boxes to those rails to say in place, yet easily remove them when needed. I want to replicate something similar in my power wagon, but the bed is uncovered and I'm not sure using steel angle iron and those Orr & Orr slides will work and hold up to the nonstop exposure to the elements. I can't find many examples of this anywhere, most seem to use wood cabinet slide outs or decked system or the likes. I'm essentially trying to replicate the 2 side by side slider racks similar to the pics so that I can mount my weatherproof aluminum camp kitchen and storage boxes that would allow me to slide them out and be cooking/etc within seconds and not have to unload the boxes to setup camp every time we stop. I don't want a cover as I haul tall things frequently, bikes, etc.

Is this possible?

Attachments

• slides3.jpg
    slides3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 63
  • slides1.jpg
    slides1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited: