We Explore Last Dollar Road near Telluride, CO

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

yep its going to be a **** show for memorial day weekend, sigh.

Yep. I decided to cancel our plans this coming weekend after this most recent storm. Don’t want to take the wife out when it’ll still be cold and snow on the ground and the dispersed camping places I wanted to go (within 2 hrs of Denver) will still be covered. Not too many other options I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreadlocks

Pingree Park should be fine, its pretty low altitude.. I was dispersed out there in April.

I'm going out by woodland park, was checking the town cameras and it looks fine.. highs will be in 60's, lows around freezing.. gonna take more than this to keep me home on a 4d weekend.. might be some ppl backing out of reservations at campgrounds.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Pingree Park should be fine, its pretty low altitude.. I was dispersed out there in April.

I'm going out by woodland park, was checking the town cameras and it looks fine.. highs will be in 60's, lows around freezing.. gonna take more than this to keep me home on a 4d weekend.. might be some ppl backing out of reservations at campgrounds.

Good to know. This would be the wife’s first trip out so didn’t want her too miserable. Figured since I was gone last week down in AZ for expo, probably should include her on the next trip out vs just me and the dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86scotty

Cynic

I'm looking forward to your update after the weekend. We're still set to leave next weekend for 2 weeks in the area. We can bail for points west, south and warmer, but want to try our favorite spots in CO first.

DieselRanger

300% snowpack in the San Juans. 150%+ elsewhere. Likely more snow in the high country this week.

Front range got dumped on - we got a foot in Colorado Springs on Monday night, but today through Monday it will be warm and will melt out quickly. Expect very high stream flow through late June - check USFS for forest road closures. We're heading to the Great Sand Dunes the first week in June and we expect Medano Pass road to close due to high creek flow....

It's just one of those years, but expect late July / early August to be off the hook for wildflowers in the high country!

OverlandTrax

Contributor
300% snowpack in the San Juans. 150%+ elsewhere. Likely more snow in the high country this week.

Front range got dumped on - we got a foot in Colorado Springs on Monday night, but today through Monday it will be warm and will melt out quickly. Expect very high stream flow through late June - check USFS for forest road closures. We're heading to the Great Sand Dunes the first week in June and we expect Medano Pass road to close due to high creek flow....

It's just one of those years, but expect late July / early August to be off the hook for wildflowers in the high country!

Colorado Springs did get dumped on, spent 2 hours with my chainsaw clearing fallen branches in my backyard. i'd except something similar on the trail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94