We are making WilderNest Campers!

WilderNest

Hi all

That's right, you didn't read wrong. We are making WilderNest Campers.

We have looked at the WilderNest Campers, researched it, and loved it. We are familiar with the procedures that go into making the camper, and we are confident that we have the skills and resources that could bring it back to life. The new WilderNest Campers will of course be an improvement from what is already out in the market.

You can help revive this wonderful product by filling out this short survey. It will take less than 2 minutes. Click here to take survey.

If you are interested in the launch of the product, please provide your email address at the bottom of the survey (optional) and we'll make sure you are the firsts to know. Don't worry, it's not a scam. We're a real manufacturing company that has been around since 1987.

We are excited.

P.S: Please forward this survey link to anyone who would be interested in the WilderNest Campers: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LGBDN3L

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very cool to bring back a product that was/is loved...
Did you buy the name also? Not sure how all that works on something that was around.

If I could rewind the clock I would never have bought my FJ Cruiser and gotten a 4dr truck with some sort of folding/popup camper.

One of the things I like about the Flippac & Wildernest is how someone can sleep while someone else moves around...
what my wife likes is how she can stand & change clothes or get out of bed at night and pee without hassle.

Sure we currently have a Sportsmobile which is an amazing rig...but before that I dumped a ton of money into an FJ Cruiser and sold it and I think none of that would have happened if I had known more about other options at the time.

My concerns are:
wind/dust when it is open
rain/snow if it happens, yeah I am in Phx but I travel other places
Hi Profile version that is easier to get in/out and allows standing under fold out as rain shelter
low profile version for those wanting to max mpg
long term life span of something that gets stress on the hinge area

squatch

Adventurer
I have owned and lived out of both a wildernest and a flip pac. really liked the tent fabric on the nest but broke the springs on it! the cables do wear on the fabric over time. I like the flip pac system way better but the tent and rain fly just don't cut it in wet climates. my summer in AK was WET. good luck with the revival!

Kya

Adventurer
Cool! I always wanted one for my truck, but it was impossible to find. Now I'm just holding out for an Eagle or a Bobcat.

shahram

Adventurer
Many of us who already own 'Nests will be happy to be getting replacement parts. I'd seriously consider replacing the canvas on mine!

WilderNest

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions/comments! Wow I'm really surprised by the amount of support coming from everywhere regarding our effort to bring the WilderNest Campers back.

The survey responses have been excellent and this is extremely encouraging. If you haven't filled out the survey, please help us out by clicking this link. We're collecting as many responses as we can by the end of this month.

Once again, thank you very much for the support. We appreciate every suggestion you have.

billith

New Wildernest

What would really be very cool is if you could somehow make a Wildernest that flipped open on both sides. Having a bed on both sides would be great for people who has kids. Also another sugestion would be to incorporate some kind of shelf for a small TV, or coffee maker, etc. One that could just set in place without any tools that you could simply store under the mattress. I am glad someone is finely doing this.

kb7our

Explorer
Realizing this is very early and that you have decided to produce units, are you able to share your time horizon for putting new units in the hands of buyers?

jagular7

Adventurer
This is great. You planning to have various versions of the style as well? Pop-top, flip top, side pop-outs, etc? Or how about adapting to existing toppers, ie my enclosed contractor's shell?

Reason I ask, due to parking and zone restrictions in my city, I was not allowed a flat bed design bed for my truck on my property (without being parked in a garage or behind a gate). I sold the bed and got a long bed to be acceptable to the city. The cab n chassis frame and wheelbase are longer than the long bed pickup version of the same truck (its also narrow). So there is a gap between the back of the cab and the bed. With the longer frame, I can't use a pickup bed tailgate.
The prohibiting restrictions also include campers (ie slide-ins). In researching for a topper with a rear door, I found a slide-in enclosed contractor's utility fiberglass shell. I went with one like this because they were cheap (old AT&T trucks have them) and readily available used. It also has a rear door and panel.

If you can come up with something in design to provide a pop top or flip top with a rear door/panel and fit with the aerodynamics design of the cab, I would love something like that and I won't have to mod my topper. I think a lot of communities don't like the 'look' of a slide-in camper (box over the rails) in the back of a truck and provide restrictions for such.

will1

This is fantastic!! Giving the FlipPac some good competition will improve both products in the long run.... Looking forward to the final product.... :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz