Wavian and Associates NATO Jerry Cans

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Wavian and Associates NATO Jerry Cans

Just thought you might like to see another place for Jerry Can, Fuel Cans, NATO Cans, Gerry Cans, Wedco…etc. Wanted to throw all those names in there to help the Search feature.

http://www.wavianassociates.com/

From reading some links on the FJforum they are apparently even better quality than the Wedcos. I’m not sure if you can purchase the cans directly from Wavian, but you can purchase the spouts and seals. I guess shipping would just be more.

Their US stockist is www.garrettwade.com. Unfortunately they only sell the red ones and are not the cheapest price that can be found for Metal Cans.

Anyways…..just wanted to share with the group.

5lfuelkhakifull.jpg

10lfuelkhakifull(1).jpg

20lfuelkhakifull.jpg

5lfuelkhakilid.jpg

fuelvent02.jpg

5lfuelkhakilid.jpg

10-20lfuelkhakilid.jpg

10-20lfuelkhakiwelding.jpg

TheRoadie

Explorer
Nice find! Larger quantities (4-20) direct from them in the UK are about $25 each for the reds. Shipping would be a problem, yes. How about one of the site's intrepid vendors going into the Wavian can business?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
jcbrandon,

I noticed that BritishPacific showed a picture of the Wavian 5L can, but it looked like the 10L and 20L pictures had a V on the side like the Wedcos. But I guess the picture does not always represent the product. Now that I know they are the Wavian units I will be picking some up.

I already got 5-20L & 2-10L units from AtlanticBritish.com, but I want to get some 5L cans and I have but they did not carry them.

Have you had a chance to compare the BritishPacific cans to a Wedco?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
It seems like just about any vendor could get away with selling these cans, even in CARB states, by adding the disclaimer that must be agreed upon before purchase that states these are for "Display purpose only. Not for use with petrol, diesel, or kerosene. Using this for any other purpose than for display is illegal and the purchaser assume all responsibility."

Of course that is for the courts to decide on that play on words.

jcbrandon

Explorer
Beowulf said:
...Have you had a chance to compare the BritishPacific cans to a Wedco?
Sorry; no. I think I first saw the Wavian cans in a Garret Wade catalog some years ago. A bit of web searching led me to British Pacific. I was planning a trip that led me past their location in Valencia, California. So I ordered some over the phone and picked them up as I drove past. I have no first-hand experience with the Wedco cans. I get the impression that plastic jerry cans are more "new-school" and metal cans, like the Wavian, are sort of old school. No worries. I'm old, I like metal.

Atticus_1354

Adventurer
What is the best place to buy cheaper surplus cans? I just need one for now and don't have much cash, but I am hesitant to just buy one from cheaperthandirt. Will the cheaper ones work ok and if so is this worth the extra money? It just seems like everyone sells jerry cans for a lot.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'm with you. I will only use metal cans like Wavian, Wedco...or surplus cans. The Plastic Scepter cans for fuel do not interest me.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Atticus_1354 said:
What is the best place to buy cheaper surplus cans? I just need one for now and don't have much cash, but I am hesitant to just buy one from cheaperthandirt. Will the cheaper ones work ok and if so is this worth the extra money? It just seems like everyone sells jerry cans for a lot.

If I was going to get a surplus can I would not go any other place than these guys.
http://expeditionimports.zoovy.com/c=7KQdzUNAq89SuZ1C8KhplwuPi/category/tools.nato_gerry_cans/

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Yes, a nozzle is seperate. I have contacted them before and the normal Wedco/Wavian nozzle fits his surplus cans. Normally he has some super nice swiss nozzles but he was out the last time I contacted him.

Here is another source for the swiss nozzle.
http://www.pinzgauer.com/showdetails.php?cat=surplus&partno=SAV4220

But I from what he told me their diameter is too big for the modern unlead fuel filer.

I have used the semi flexible wedco nozzle many times and it will empty a 20L can quite quickly.

NothingClever

Explorer
Well, now....

Having dropped plastic fuel cans from helicopters and not suffered any ruptures, I'd say those that think plastic cans are inadequate for proudly displaying them in their $200 Gucci racks for the Range Rover run to Starbucks are full of, well, crap.

Perhaps I haven't fully tested them as much as some of you authentically rough and tumble adventurists out there :bike_rider: .

Or perhaps the plastic ones just don't adequately suit an image some are after.

<insert eye roll smilie here>

TheRoadie

Explorer
NothingClever said:
Having dropped plastic fuel cans from helicopters and not suffered any ruptures, I'd say those that think plastic cans are inadequate for proudly displaying them in their $200 Gucci racks for the Range Rover run to Starbucks are full of, well, crap.
Last I saw, the Rodeo Drive Gucci Factory Outlet Store had the racks marked down to $1295.00, so maybe you've been out of touch with our site's vendors for a while. But they may be having a 10% off sale - oh, no, that was another vendor, and it was over last night. Hey, Wen - will the Gucci's go on sale again for Columbus Day?
Perhaps I haven't fully tested them as much as some of you authentically rough and tumble adventurists out there :bike_rider:
Actually, Overland Journal really should have a helicopter drop test on liquid tanks. If you took pictures, then it really happened, and I bet they'd love an article submitted. All we surface-bound adventurists can do it throw them off our lifted H2 with the spinny rims and see if they bounce off Buffy's Lincoln Nagivator
Or perhaps the plastic ones just don't adequately suit an image some are after.
It also might be that the CARB prohibition on selling new ones in CA makes some of us think that they may end up being forbidden from being refilled, like the old style propane tanks. CARB is sometimes silly, but sometimes their regs make sense, and ignoring their regs may actually harm the air quality.

Is there some rule that adding more than "n" smilies erases enough of the troll smell to turn something into a real post?

jcbrandon

Explorer
NothingClever said:
Well, now....

My character isn't defined by the number of toys in a signature line on an internet forum.
It does appear to be defined by what you write. Thank you for letting us know what you are all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles