Waterport, what am I missing?

Outdoorsben

Observer
I have Had a Rinse Kit for the last couple of years and I have enjoyed it. I decided to get a waterport as I can mount it externally and it’s more capacity. However after getting it and without doing a side by side test I feel like I’m missing the draw. I do like how it’s a large capacity however since it’s a long tube when you carry it or move it, often times the front or back will ebb and flow meaning it’s awkward to carry at times when it gets low on water. I get a little blow back leaking from the pump valve, however a regular cap can solve that. The pressure doesn’t seem to stay nearly as long as the Rinse Kit.

I will be doing a side by side test and throwing it up on Youtube for anyone who is debating between the two, however at first glance I’m let down a bit. Am I the only one with this opinion? Perhaps more use will give a different result. I don’t use it for a shower, I use it for dishes and hosing off fishing waders and hosing off bikes etc...

towee

I’ve never used the rinse kit. I had the original road shower and the zodi extreme before the waterport. I don’t have the pump with the waterport I pressurize with a compressor and it keeps pressure better than anything I’ve used. I only put 3 gallons in and usually pressure to 40 it will hold pressure forever. The sloshing when carrying is no big deal I find the unit extremely portable. The only issue I’ve ever had with the waterport is leaking from the quick disconnect and I always carry a spare.

Honestly there’s a million ways to get the water thing done From completely simple to extremely complex I think the main thing is using whatever you choose a lot and getting it dialed in.

Outdoorsben

Observer
I’ll have to soap and bubble the fittings because I lost about 15psi in 4hrs. Filled it to 45 with the hose and it was 30 when I just went to use it. I’m not saying it’s bad I may need to just dial it in and iron out some stuff. I have a portable compressor and was going to move to an arb single and perhaps this will speed that up so it’s always available with the flip of a switch.

towee

Ben I just went and checked mine out of curiosity it had a fresh 3 gallons I filled to 40psi yesterday about this time ran about a half gallon of water through it doing dishes and clean up right now it’s at 25. With all the pressurized tanks the more air space the longer the pressure seems to last. I’m guessing I could empty the water that’s in there with the pressure it has.

towee

Also I looked at the rinse kit I’m sure it works for some. I like the waterport because 3 gallons is a perfect quantity for me for my typical trip, I can pressurize with compressor/schrader valve,it’s easy to refill with a funnel and my 3 gallon aquabricks and it’s very portable.

Those are my criteria everybody will have their own specific to their water usage when traveling.

Outdoorsben

Observer
Completely agree with the advantages of the shrader valve. Even if we ignore the fact it can be used with a compressor I can also look how much pressure is in it with a tire gauge that’s already in my Jeep. Wish I could do that with my rinse kit. I am playing around with the different setups and as I play around more and learn more it’s certainly growing on me more. I usually get about 45psi with a garden hose. I can use my compressor on it, I can use my bike pump on it, and hell I can even use the cheap cigarette lighter compressor on it if I want. The biggest gap with the Rinse Kit was the smaller size and the inability to pressurize on the go. However that did last full pressure for easily three weeks plus.

MiamiC70

Nice Rinse Kit commercial however;

Rinse Kit only hold 1.75gal “out of stock until September 15th” 2.00 for the Rinse Kit Plus “out of stock till August 1st” vs 3.8 for WaterPort. Lot of fancy add-ons for Rinse Kit but I dont need a water heater which ”

WaterPort has been sitting in Florida sun on my roof rack for over a year and with much less to go wrong and fewer moving parts it is still like new and has never failed.

Water Port has been out in the wild for what 3, 4 years? I can buy another one TODAY direct or from Costco so unlike the vaporware, crowd funded, hipster Rinse Kit.

Water Port can be mountEd to a rack easily via several method and its built in solid steel mount. I can mount the Rinse Kit to a rack easily exactly how? Oh yea, you can’t.

Pumping Rinse Kit sideways has to be a hoot vs. grabbing my Water Port off rack filling with water, pumping up vertically and hooking back on bracket on rack. Or, I can hook up hose pressurize Water Port up while on rack using a hose and I’m done. Or, I can add water on rack from top using hose, can, bottles, etc. then use schrader valve to pressure up. Options! Lots of options.

The only other option I considered was the RoadShoer. However, the Water Port was cheaper, hold about 95% the water volume of a RoadShower and takes up about half the real estate on a roof rack.

Can’t wait for your YouTube review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier