WaterPORT Shower System Review

krick3tt

Adventurer
Been looking for something like this. Front Runner too expensive and everything that makes it work is a separate item and overall it is too tall.

CSG

Explorer
I bought one of these when Costco had them on sale. I never installed it and ended up returning it. Great idea if one needs the capacity. I continue to use the Simple Shower and a liter bottle. Simple and cheap.

krick3tt

Adventurer
The only issue I see is the mounting hardware is for a round type of mount which I do not have. I am sure I can fab up something to work on my Front Runner rack.

gunsandgearnetwork

The only issue I see is the mounting hardware is for a round type of mount which I do not have. I am sure I can fab up something to work on my Front Runner rack.

With all the attachment options included, I am sure you could fab something pretty easy. I had to fab a stabilizing bracket on mine because the clamps kept slipping and I could not get them tight enough.

CalifOregonia

I picked one of these up for a late September trip. The concept is awesome, and if you use it right it can be a helpful tool.

My complaints so far have been capacity (both for water, and compressed air) and the stock mounting mechanism for my bedrails that I wanted to use failed miserably on a rough road through Capitol Reef National Park, resulting in the tank slamming down.

I will be remounting this next summer directly to my bed rack, hopefully that approach is more successful.

mulze22

I got one of these from Costco last year and love it. I took it to Yellowstone from WI and kept it on my hitch and it performed flawlessly. I use it to wash my dishes and spray off if necessary. Would like to mount to roof rack soon enough but for I think its a great piece of equipment.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I ordered one and it 'should" be delivered on Thursday, of course it went on sale 3 days after I bought it. I have been thinking about mounting it on a Front Runner rack and may have, in my designers eye, come up with a mount that will work with flat bars. several solutions come to mind. I'll know soon.
I have sent request to Costco for price adjustment, hope it works. The difference of $40 is sugnificant to me.

Last edited:

outback97

Adventurer
This thing looks pretty handy. We have used the Nemo Helio, which is nice, but the Waterport would be nice if hitch mounted. For those that have these, do you feel the hitch mount option is robust enough for driving on rough or washboarded roads with the unit full of water?

ETA: Watching the video clip on the Costco site, at :28 when the guy is pumping up the Waterport, it looks like it's moving around a lot. Doesn't look like the hitch mount is very solid in this example.

Not sure if this video link will work here, but I'll try.

Last edited:

gunsandgearnetwork

This thing looks pretty handy. We have used the Nemo Helio, which is nice, but the Waterport would be nice if hitch mounted. For those that have these, do you feel the hitch mount option is robust enough for driving on rough or washboarded roads with the unit full of water?

ETA: Watching the video clip on the Costco site, at :28 when the guy is pumping up the Waterport, it looks like it's moving around a lot. Doesn't look like the hitch mount is very solid in this example.

Not sure if this video link will work here, but I'll try.

The hitch mount itself is pretty beefy but because of the design, there is some slop in the fit which causes some movement.

gunsandgearnetwork

I ordered one and it 'should" be delivered on Thursday, of course it went on sale 3 days after I bought it. I have been thinking about mounting it on a Front Runner rack and may have, in my designers eye, come up with a mount that will work with flat bars. several solutions come to mind. I'll know soon.
I have sent request to Costco for price adjustment, hope it works. The difference of $40 is sugnificant to me.

Yea, join the crowd I bought before they went on sale. $40.00 is a big saving for sure. Guess I am stuck since I used my sisters membership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94