WaterPort on sale at Costco $129.99 through 07/21/2019

CSG

Explorer
Thank you for mentioning this, Miami! I'd bought a first gen version from Costco some time back but returned it unused as it was missing some of the features in Gen 2. Just ordered it earlier to mount to my hitch on the Pleasure-Way or my LX. Having just got back from an 8 day trip through Oregon, I would have enjoyed having this over the wipes we used and the one campground shower we took. Love the pump handle, wider opening, and hitch mount.

MiamiC70

No worries. Just received mine Friday and looks like going to work great. Once I get a rack I'll probably mount on roof.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Does anyone know if this comes with the pump cap? They show it in the picture but it is not noted in the description.

CSG

Explorer
Costco's site dropped some of the details from the listing but when I ordered it Saturday, it stated it came with the pump cap.

CSG

Explorer
FYI, Costco extended the sale through the 24th and yes, the pump cap comes with it. Full details are back on Costco's website.

VikingVince

Explorer
I wasn't familiar with these until reading this thread. Watched a presentation on YouTube and looks like a good unit with one major exception...the only way to get hot water for a shower is from exposure to the sun...you need 75-80 degree weather, direct sunlight, and several hours exposure to get water in a black plastic tank warm enough for a shower. Cloudy weather, cooler days...no hot shower.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Heat water in pot on your campfire. Pour hot water into Waterport tank. Hot shower on kool cloudy cold days!

Reactions: CSG

WOODY2

Adventurer
I wasn't familiar with these until reading this thread. Watched a presentation on YouTube and looks like a good unit with one major exception...the only way to get hot water for a shower is from exposure to the sun...you need 75-80 degree weather, direct sunlight, and several hours exposure to get water in a black plastic tank warm enough for a shower. Cloudy weather, cooler days...no hot shower.
So the person holding your warm fluffy towel won't fill it with warm water for you?

VikingVince

Explorer
Heat water in pot on your campfire. Pour hot water into Waterport tank. Hot shower on kool cloudy cold days!
Yeah, of course I though of that but heating 3+ gallons of water by teakettle or pot is a bit tedious and
time consuming vs other shower methods. I have the Zodi Extreme which works fairly well...propane heat source right under the tank that you shower with.

MiamiC70

Bruh, it’s been in the high 90’s since June and that’s not including the heat index!

MiamiC70

Bruh, it’s been in the high 90’s since June and that’s not including the heat index!

CSG

Explorer
I tend to stick to wipes during colder months and just wash my hair with a bottle shower in the rig (I have a sink). The Waterport is for the warmer months but it has more purpose than simply using if for showers. Comes off the hitch easily and can be placed in the sun if needed. I'm used to cold to cool showers when traveling so this is a non-issue for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz