WaterPort at Costco On-Sale

rdcolorado

Observer
Got my waterport today....
Used it for a while (used it for an hour) .... it's going back to Costco tomorrow......
Nothing really wrong with it...
i just don't think it's for me......
One thing i did not like was having to pressurise it three times for it to hit empty....

More details on your review I have 3 on back order:eek:
Have one in hand...seems very sturdy. Looking forward to using it this summer. Was thinking I would just keep a hand pump handy for pressurizing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Phil.....
This item didn't meet my expectations...
I've wanted to up grade from my Scepter can and solo pump for a while.
I really like the manual pump on the scepter set up, but after 7 years Im thinking of upgrading.

The bad.
Had one support bracket missing (needs 3 of them).
Some of the hardware is not rust proof.
Could use a better hose.
Once loaded its heavy, and I would hate to find out the mounting options are not up to par...
Im afraid it might snap right off or come loose.
I dont see this holding up well on dirt (washboard) roads, unless is empty, or inside of vehicle.
I used the hitch options, and played with the clamping it to the ARB bull bar upfront (just for kicks).
On the bull bar once you clamp on it I saw the plastic mounts starting to give way (the head bolt sink into the plastic mount).
If you are set up for OBA and have it set up, on demand, in your vehicle then great ( i dont)......

The good.

the unit itself is nice and rugged.
Great flow once it is pressurized (recommended less than 50psi).
I pumped up to 40 psi.
Recommended not to use water hotter than 140F.
Nice hose nozzle....
The handle makes it easy to move around.
It holds 3+ gal of water.
It's narrow, so it fits on the side of the cargo area if you have drawers.
the quick disconnect is great and has a shut off valve.....
Can be filled from the quick connect hose or from the top lid.

Not having used it on real life conditions I cant say is a bad product.....
but I can say it is not for me.....

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Phil.....
I really like the manual pump on the scepter set up, but after 7 years Im thinking of upgrading.

The bad.
Could use a better hose.
Once loaded its heavy, and I would hate to find out the mounting options are not up to par...
I dont see this holding up well on dirt (washboard) roads, unless is empty, or inside of vehicle.
I used the hitch options, and played with the clamping it to the ARB bull bar upfront (just for kicks).
On the bull bar once you clamp on it I saw the plastic mounts starting to give way (the head bolt sink into the plastic mount).
If you are set up for OBA and have it set up, on demand, in your vehicle then great ( i dont)......

The good.

I pumped up to 40 psi.
Nice hose nozzle....

Wow nice honest review
Thanks for your time

sn_85

Observer
Phil.....

The bad.
Could use a better hose.

The good.

I pumped up to 40 psi.
Nice hose nozzle....

Have you checked out the Rinsekit Lux? Similar product but just a different execution on it.

http://www.rinsekit.com/product/rinsekit-lux/

rdcolorado

Observer
Used the waterport at Fruita this weekend and it was great! Filled it with water before we left, then used a bicycle pump to give it 30psi pressure when we needed to use it. Worked like a champ. The container is really heavy duty...as in thick plastic. Didn't get a chance to leave it in the sun to see if it heats up the water.

One thing I would be careful of is the hose attachment on the container. Being very heavy when full I was careful not to drop it or set it on the end where the attachment.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

waterport

HI Guys,
This is Adrian with Waterport, thanks for all of the honest reviews. We will be releasing a pump cap that will allow you to pressurize the system on the go. The pump is built into the 2" cap and can pressurize the system in seconds(It will fit the existing system). I have attached a photo for reference. If you guys have any other questions feel free to email me direct at africk@thewaterport.com, Im always here to help!! The new pump cap will be $29.99

Attachments

• IMG_8698 2.jpg
    IMG_8698 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
HI Guys,
This is Adrian with Waterport, thanks for all of the honest reviews. We will be releasing a pump cap that will allow you to pressurize the system on the go. The pump is built into the 2" cap and can pressurize the system in seconds(It will fit the existing system). I have attached a photo for reference. If you guys have any other questions feel free to email me direct at africk@thewaterport.com, Im always here to help!! The new pump cap will be $29.99

Smart needed upgrade

wallygatoresq

i run mine on the hitch also. no rack on my tacoma yet

I mounted mine to the rail system with the t rail nuts from Hondo Garage (good price and can install without taking anything else off to slide the nuts). The quick connect leaked and I just went to Lowe's and got a brass garden hose quick connect and it works fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz