Water tank venting on roof

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
What has anyone done to vent a roof mounted water tank ?

I have a Frontrunner water tank and would like to mount it in the middle of the roof rack. Before it had it mounted on the side of the rack so I could just get on the tire and loosen the cap.

I was thinking of putting a barb in the cap and running a hose down the side of the tank and a fuel type filter on the end to allow air to get into the tank when getting drained.

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 15

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I used a similar setup. My vent was just a bicycle valve stem with no core but it did have a cap. Just loosened or removed the cap to let in air. You could also do the same thing but have the core installed and pump up the tank with a small bike pump and have pressurized flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I used a similar setup. My vent was just a bicycle valve stem with no core but it did have a cap. Just loosened or removed the cap to let in air. You could also do the same thing but have the core installed and pump up the tank with a small bike pump and have pressurized flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks . I will not able to reach the tank without climbing on top the roof. I'd prefer something automatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne