Water system for truck

Carl2500

Observer
I really appreciate ya guys helping me out.. There's alot of great reading in here for me to go through.
Oh by the way, I'm trying to make everything run with either diesel or electric.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The other option is an electric recirculating toilet (there used to be non-electric versions to). I had one in a 1971 Travco motorhome. It took about 3 gallons to charge it and then it recirculated that water for each flush. It could hold a substantial amount of waste before it had to be emptied, so it was kind of like having an additional black water tank. 3 of us could easily use it for 4 or 5 days without any problem. It uses MUCH less water than the standard motorhome toilet and surprisingly I did not find that it exuded much odor unless it sat for weeks at a time without emptying (when I forgot to dump it at the end of a trip). The Travco only had one holding tank.

The disadvantage of such a toilet compared to a cassette toilet is that you do need a dump station to empty it whereas a cassette can be emptied into any toilet.

http://www.lewisgray.com/Sanitation_products/Recirculating_toilets/TF_Electra.htm

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94