Water Storage for a 5th Generation 4Runner

mattpayne11

Hi all,
Slowly building out my 4Runner.
My set-up when complete will include at least two ARB Outback slider/cargo boxes, potentially 3 (two large 11" on the left and one large 11" or small 4" on the right). On the right is where my fridge will go.
Historically for water, I have been bringing several 1 gallon bottles (5 or 6) that I store in that funky area on the right of the rear cargo area plus a 6 gallon jerry can that sits in that other oddly shaped section on the right (see circled blue area in photo).
I don't have any room on my roof for anything (have a Roofnest Falcon). I have scoured the web and have not seen a lot of options that will be great for my needs.
I also have taken out my 60% side of the rear seat (both front and bottom).
Ideally, storage will be able to provide the water too w/o a pump. I looked at FrontRunner's stuff and none of it seems ideal for my set-up but I could be convinced.
What are other folks doing for water storage?

drawers.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
Four Scepter 2.5 gallon containers. Two on the roof rack in a holder that I fabricated from angle and two inside behind the front seats. Also some various 16 0z bottles from Costco that fit in various places. Use those for drinking water and coffee.
Also have a Watersport shower that rides on the FR roof rack occasionally.

alia176

Explorer
I suggest using the Front Runner second row water tank to be placed on the 2nd row floor. It has outlet so that you can have a hose out of each of the rear doors using gravity. This thing fits well in my 4th gen so I'd think it'd be a nice fit in a 5th gen. It wouldn't fit in my 80 landcruiser so I bought a 15gal bladder from AUS that does the same thing. A hose with a spigot out of the rear passenger door for washing duties. The bladder is food grade but I only use it for washing duties.

This solution keeps the water weight down low which is vital for me as I have a RTT+awning up top so it's a little top heavy when working with off camber situations.

Here's the landcruiser

1607624118284.png 1607624172682.png1607624228908.png

mattpayne11

I suggest using the Front Runner second row water tank to be placed on the 2nd row floor. It has outlet so that you can have a hose out of each of the rear doors using gravity. This thing fits well in my 4th gen so I'd think it'd be a nice fit in a 5th gen. It wouldn't fit in my 80 landcruiser so I bought a 15gal bladder from AUS that does the same thing. A hose with a spigot out of the rear passenger door for washing duties. The bladder is food grade but I only use it for washing duties.

This solution keeps the water weight down low which is vital for me as I have a RTT+awning up top so it's a little top heavy when working with off camber situations.

Here's the landcruiser

View attachment 630263 View attachment 630264View attachment 630265

Nice solution =)

I went with a Front Runner solution too which should be here soon. It will mount on top of my ARB roller floor. I'm only worried about it being a little top heavy inside the vehicle on top of the drawer (which is stacked on another one). We'll see.

slomatt

Adventurer

Here's the landcruiser

View attachment 630263 View attachment 630264View attachment 630265

I really like that mini table that deploys from under your fridge, great idea.

alia176

Explorer
Thank you sir, it is a nice staging area for washing dishes as well as pulling food out of the fridge and setting them down someplace. I've been meaning to revisit this prototype and come up with a way to support the corner so that it's a little bit less wobbly, so to speak. But I guess after 3 years of using it, apparently I am satisfied with it as is!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I know I'm late to the conversation but look at Ironman 4x4 I just picked up a 10 gallon dual jerry can and a roof rack 13 gallon tank. It will fit under my roof top tent and has a fill port and hose connection similar to FR but was more cost effective. Check them out .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles