water shorts?

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I am looking for some water shorts that are quick drying, heavy duty, abrasion resistant, but without a built in belt. I saw the TAD shorts in another thread but they appear discountinued. What have you seen?

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Railriders has something close. I changed my google search to "river shorts" and found these from Moutain Khaki for $65. This is what I'm looking for, maybe without so many pockets. I basically want something to slop in the river with, that can take a beating, but uses a regular belt.
MGCS_Swatch5_Pine.jpg

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
What? No more river runnin' in yer bright yeller Speedos? It's the end of an era...

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
AFIAK, the TAD shorts aren't discontinued, just sold out. TAD tends to produce their wares in limited production runs and they tend to sell out very quickly.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
TAD Amphibious Cargo Shorts are the bomb! If you can get them...

Comfortable, quick drying, and wear like iron. The same version pant is good too, for sun and insect protection but just as good even in the winter. Worn with a bottom layer they offer good moisture and wind protection from frigid elements.

c.nordstrom

World Traveller Extraordinaire
Al,

We actually just got the Granite Creek shorts in stock! I'll be adding them to the site this week. We also carry the ExOfficio Nomad Shorts. Send me an email at cnordstrom@expeditionapparel.com if you have any questions (or check out the ExpeditionApparel link in my signature for my phone number).

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I'd also recommend pairing those shorts with something other than cotton briefs. The Exofficio Give n Go briefs are perfect for for water environments as they too dry quickly.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Al,

We actually just got the Granite Creek shorts in stock! I'll be adding them to the site this week. We also carry the ExOfficio Nomad Shorts. Send me an email at cnordstrom@expeditionapparel.com if you have any questions (or check out the ExpeditionApparel link in my signature for my phone number).
Thanks, I'll watch for them. Do you guys know if the Exoficio Amphi shorts can use a regular belt? I like those too.

forty4fun

Observer
water shorts

Not sure what your budget is but I recently aquired a pair of Pelagic shorts. www.pelagicgear.com. Not affiliated but being in and out of the water they are great. belt loops, front pockets and cargo pockets on the side for wallet and cell phone for when you are on your way to the water. Will hold a fly box if you are wet wading. Waist seems true to size. Length is about what a board short would be. I am too old and fat for the tennis short cut/fit of patagonia baggies of my youth.

c.nordstrom

World Traveller Extraordinaire
We've got all of our spring items listed!

The Granite Creek Shorts were discussed earlier and can be found here: http://store.expeditionapparel.com/Mountain-Khakis-Granite-Creek-Short_p_88.html
Mountain Khaki's new Equatorial short would also work nicely: http://store.expeditionapparel.com/Mountain-Khakis-Equatorial-Short_p_85.html

Last but not least, the ExOfficio Nio Amphi short: http://store.expeditionapparel.com/ExOfficio-Nio-Amphi-Short_p_63.html

We are also offering free shipping on all spring orders.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Not sure what your budget is but I recently aquired a pair of Pelagic shorts. www.pelagicgear.com. Not affiliated but being in and out of the water they are great. belt loops, front pockets and cargo pockets on the side for wallet and cell phone for when you are on your way to the water. Will hold a fly box if you are wet wading. Waist seems true to size. Length is about what a board short would be. I am too old and fat for the tennis short cut/fit of patagonia baggies of my youth.

I found these on their site that mostly fit what I'm looking for. Real belt loops are a "must have" deal breaker. I'm not swimming any more class II-III rapids with my shorts around my ankles:)
205-B_Soccoro_Short_BLACKnBLUE.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles