Water purifying

Coachgeo

Explorer
Post some pics for me when you finish maybe I can get some ideas from you. Right now I'm a portable option guy just in case...
ohh. that is long way from now. My ambo box not yet installed on the truck. Have messaged SafeH20 about
> can it run on 24v
> can it recycle grey water back to drinking water (assume so.... but one should never assume)
> what kind of small system do they recommend for cyclically recycling clothes wash/rinse water..... for all clothes wash rinse water needs if it has it's own separate tank.

ohiobenz

I would need to see the actual specs on that UV unit.
The length of time spent being exposed to the UV determines the effectiveness of the DNA change to live organisms.
I'm looking at a 5gpm capable unit that is 22" long in order to be effective, and it costs $465... Compared to a complete system for under $300.

Coachgeo

Explorer
I would need to see the actual specs on that UV unit.
The length of time spent being exposed to the UV determines the effectiveness of the DNA.
3gpm.. Need for speed cost more lol

Though I'm not interested in hauling it all over to water source. Not sure why one even do that. Just have a non potable tank on rig and do filtering on board.

Am thinking of having two systems on board. Potable and non potable. then will just need hose and largest pump can get for the money for fast fill from non potable water source to main non potable tank.

Myself; am going with bigger non-potable tank, one small potable plus several small tanks for various levels of potable-ish. All can be separate city filled. Two of these potable-ish are recycle and reuse water sources via filters a few times, then get replaced from main non-potable tank or city again. .. ( one each for washing bodies another clothes* ).

The potable system is a third smaller tank for kitchen, it fills straight from city or via non-potable tank through on board UV and filter system

Overall end up with bit less aqua stored than full size RV and a ton of plumbing.. But longer term supply than average. Storage just broke up into many tanks instead of one big one.

*clothes has its own unique recycling system where rinse water becomes next soapy water. Soapy/dirty not recycled. It is it is dumped.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles