water pump setups

srgsng25

Observer
looking for info on how to a do a on-demand pumping solution i am looking at a few different pumps form way cheap to more expensive i am levitating towards a flowjet 2.5gpm pump with 30 gallon tank just got that off of ebay along with the shower the though is to plumb the show as a hot water tank with a kitchen facet sprayer for the wife for the sink and a shower head for for showering i am sure i am over thinking this and could just install a water pump toggle switch in the power distribution panel by the battery box byt them again i never do anything simple LOL

cwadej

just a guy
Punctuation is a beautiful thing.

I have a flo-jet. I turn it on when i set camp, off when I go to bed. It will shut off with no water flow, but why risk anything. You can run multiple devices off the pump, just T out of the output.

gordinho80

Adventurer
This may be a stupid question... I'm going to be running an Eccotemp L5 with a pump from a 24 gal tank. Do most of you run a t before the pump and run a hot and cold line to a sink or just control temp from the Eccotemp?

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I'm planning on using a "T" setup before the tank. Some things don't need hot water, some you don't want cold. It'd be easier to be able to mix at a faucet than play with the controls of the instant water unit.

Don

-

loren85022

Explorer
I have 2.5gal pump. L5 wtr heat. I used a T. Suggest keeping spigots close to L5. My sink 6' of hose away. We waste 12 oz water before the heat arrives.

gadcustoms

Flojet makes a really nice 2.9 gpm 12 volt pump that pumps steady at 50 psi, it works great with on demand water heaters because it eliminates the pulsation you get from other pumps which will cause your heater to sit there and kick on and off. I like to run the pump right off of the tank into a copper sharkbite manifold and then from the manifold I run my lines to everything. I also try to keep everything as close as possible to eliminate wasted water.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 18

JKJenn

Adventurer
Punctuation is a beautiful thing.

I have a flo-jet. I turn it on when i set camp, off when I go to bed. It will shut off with no water flow, but why risk anything. You can run multiple devices off the pump, just T out of the output.

Do you use a regulator with this pump or is it unnecessary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles