Water Jug Question

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Does anyone know where to find these 5gal Coleman water jugs in any other color besides blue?

BTW, to answer your original question, I believe the answer is NO, because they don't exist in any other color. I have been using the Coleman jugs for over 15 years, and I have never seen them in any other color, and Coleman doesn't list anything other than blue. They have changed the color from a much lighter blue to the current dark blue, and changed the design a bit, but they have always been blue.

JP

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I'm aware of where to get both brands, in fact i have a Coleman unit myself. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen any other colors..

No.

Picking up the phone and calling Coleman got me that answer.

I have a opaque jug that used to hold Soy Sauce. It was free and only took two years to get the taste out.

You may have thought that I was joking, but I have always thought that water jugs were blue to clearly identify them as potable water. I know that the jugs must be opaque for long term water storage to prevent the growth of algae.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Dave,
I have two of the same design in Transparent/White/Clear (but not like glass)

Made of HDPE #2.

I found them at Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix.
I can take a pick if you like.

I am also not using them anymore so if you are going to be a the Overland Expo I can bring them for you.

Brian

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thanks Brian, but we sold the SMB so i no longer searching for these water jugs. Thank you very much for the offer though. I'll stick with the blue one i have now, since it just rides inside the trailer.

thanks again guys for all the help/replies..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier