Water heater help please

I'm new here and am building an off road trailer, for canning with the family. I bought a Camplux 5L tankless propane water heater that I was planning to use for shower and hot water supply to the sink.

Reading through the manual it says not for potable water uses. I started looking around and can't seem to find any propane tankless heaters that say they are approved cooking.

If you guys know of a water heater that is food grade safe, please let me know.

I guess if I can't find one I can still run the hot water to the sink for washing dishes and hands, but make sure to use only the cold water when getting water to drink or cook with?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice!

dreadlocks

There are none, but you dont need potable hot water anyhow.. if your cooking with it, it dont needa be hot.. and if your drinking hot tea/coffee, get a Kettle or something.. Hot Water is mostly for doing the dishes and taking showers.

Also be weary if your using outdoor faucets/hookups, most of those are not potable either.. for example none of the quick connect ports for external water Ive found to be potable, many faucets that are popular for camper trailers are designed for wash basins and mop buckets and they are not potable either with their lead content.

Thanks for the feedback, man.

That's what I was thinking, about only using the cold tap.

I guess I need to look back into the faucet I bought, it said it was for rv sink, didn't say about outdoor so hopfully it's ok?

dreadlocks

double check, some of those mini bathroom/shower faucets those might not be potable like a kitchen sink faucet..

I'm doing an external faucet right now, that will supply to a LP On Demand hot water heater as well as our main water supply.. I'm having to resort to stainless steel brewing taps that have threads to attach hotwater heater onto.. all the garden hose spigots are not potable either, which kinda makes sense.. your garden hose is likely not potable anyhow.

Other than like RO Filter Faucets that are mostly stainless, I'm running into "not for potable" use on most heavy duty single line faucets because they are designed for filling up mop buckets or whatever in a Janitor's closet.

Thanks for the feedback, man.

That's what I was thinking, about only using the cold tap.

I guess I need to look back into the faucet I bought, it said it was for rv sink, didn't say about outdoor so hopfully it's ok?

I just looked and it says my faucet is all copper construction with ceramic valve core, but reading through the reviews it says they think hot is on all the time and the adjustment only controls how much cold is mixed in...

DAMN IT!

I guess I could switch the hot and cold inlets so that cold was always on and only let hot in if needed?

double check, some of those mini bathroom/shower faucets those might not be potable like a kitchen sink faucet..

I'm doing an external faucet right now, that will supply to a LP On Demand hot water heater as well as our main water supply.. I'm having to resort to stainless steel brewing taps that have threads to attach hotwater heater onto.. all the garden hose spigots are not potable either, which kinda makes sense.. your garden hose is likely not potable anyhow.

Other than like RO Filter Faucets that are mostly stainless, I'm running into "not for potable" use on most heavy duty single line faucets because they are designed for filling up mop buckets or whatever in a Janitor's closet.

Mine says "kitchen faucet" but who knows?

I got it off of Amazon ,so probably came from China with no inspection of what it's actually made of?

dreadlocks

ah your plumbing it back in to a hot tap, yeah that is kinda an issue if you got potable and non potable water coming outta the same spigot... I suppose its fine but might put a label/sticker on something warning/reminding you that the hot side is undrinkable.

I'll have to play with it to see if the faucet is actually able to run only cold, without allowing any hot in.

This is an issue I definitely didn't see coming...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94