Water container recs/stowage of them...

Ragman

Question for Scepter owners-I purchased three water jugs las September and used them for a trip. I got them from Walmart Online for what I thought was a good price and all are marked Scepter Canada as they should be. When I got them they had a very strong resin type oder inside that persisted for a very long time. I never really noticed any taste in the water but was not thrilled with the smell.

Is this common for these cans or did I buy some good knock offs that are not of the same material/quality. How does one tell?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Question for Scepter owners-I purchased three water jugs las September and used them for a trip. I got them from Walmart Online for what I thought was a good price and all are marked Scepter Canada as they should be. When I got them they had a very strong resin type oder inside that persisted for a very long time. I never really noticed any taste in the water but was not thrilled with the smell.

Is this common for these cans or did I buy some good knock offs that are not of the same material/quality. How does one tell?
You can wash the container with water and beach .

WanderingBison

Haven’t noticed this with any of my Scepters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F350joe

Since it has not been posted yet i’ll throw this option into the mix. Can be strapped to the spare or a couple can be placed where the spare lived if it has been relocated. Youtube videos out there showing how to plumb one in. https://www.trailedonline.com.

Attachments

• 3384C4F7-BF11-4B46-8A07-44D5484B4923.jpeg
    3384C4F7-BF11-4B46-8A07-44D5484B4923.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

pluton

Adventurer
....all are marked Scepter Canada as they should be. When I got them they had a very strong resin type oder inside that persisted for a very long time. I never really noticed any taste in the water but was not thrilled with the smell.

Sensitivity to smells varies greatly between individuals. To my nose, Scepter MWCs have the same standard polyethylene smell that the old fashioned Nalgene 1 liter water bottles (canteens) that they sell at the hiking store. Like you, I smell it but cannot discern a taste in the water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles