Watches - ExPo Style

herm

Adventurer
wow, the prices have gone up, have a mid and lost my original version, still my favorite watch. ( the maratach above)

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Maratac Mid/Full Pilot

MARATAC_PILOT_LUME1.jpg

http://wornandwound.com/2011/12/28/review-maratac-pilot-watch/

>govt contract watch with a solid miyota 8245 auto movement, even has an NSN number.
>100m water resistance
>Near your price requirement (sadly they used to be sub $200 until everyone found out about them), fixed supply...
>insane lume (best I have seen outside of a $2k muhle SAR)
>clean, brand-free face
>comes with a black nato. they look good on green
>domed sapphire crystal (perfect clarity, anti-reflective, next to impossible to scratch), plus is gorgeous
>4-oclock crown, screw-down (a necessity for wet environments).

Prices have changed since I bought one a few years ago. You could find one on ebay/used. Very good tool and everyday watches. Sapphire glass alone is usually $100-$250 for the component. if you could find the watch for ~300 it would be a good find.

IMO blends with clothing WAY better than a g-shock does. Even if you aren't a watch guy you'll appreciate that it can take tons of abuse. Mine is still around here somewhere...

I like the looks of this one, but just got outbid on fleabay. Oh well. Keep looking.

ISSY

Love that Casio... still bummed out I didn't get one when I was in San Francisco recently (was a great deal).

I am thinking of selling one of my Seiko's, anyone interested? I really want that Casio!! Seiko Flight Alarm Chronograph, LOVE this watch, but I hardly ever wear it. I have a rubber divers band on it and the original in this pic (from the internet).

attachment.php

I will post it in the For Sale section ASAP.

I've been wearing this watch for must be 11-12 years now. Love it, it's been my daily watch and just this year the clasp on the band has broken. Need to do something about that just not sure what to do with it.

K2ZJ

Explorer
Just got this from my wife for Christmas. Hard to beat a timex for durability and bang for the buck!
acf685b826b8d040573bb9da8e688fea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with that one. I bought one last week, brought it home and I couldn't adjust the date. I brought it right back and tested a different one before taking it home and it failed as well as 2 more. I found one that worked and exchanged mine for it. Friday the crown fell out. At $60 (msrp) I was pissed. I ended up with a Casio Tough Solar and love it so far. I loved the simplicity of the Timex, but I will never buy another one.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I've been wearing this watch for must be 11-12 years now. Love it, it's been my daily watch and just this year the clasp on the band has broken. Need to do something about that just not sure what to do with it.

I replaced mine with a Seiko rubber divers band from my local Seiko watch shop. Was inexpensive and looked like it came that way. I did indeed end up selling this, well trading it in on my Casio Tough Solar Multi Band 6 watch. I wear it all the time, and as my Suunto watch strap broke AGAIN it has become my daily wear.

I actually miss this Seiko in my watch case, but I never wore it...so at least I know someone is enjoying it out there.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Good luck with that one. I bought one last week, brought it home and I couldn't adjust the date. I brought it right back and tested a different one before taking it home and it failed as well as 2 more. I found one that worked and exchanged mine for it. Friday the crown fell out. At $60 (msrp) I was pissed. I ended up with a Casio Tough Solar and love it so far. I loved the simplicity of the Timex, but I will never buy another one.

Mine has been great so far! Love it. Sorry yours had issues though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just changed the batteries in my pathfinder and now none of the buttons work. two are physically stuck....off to the watchmaker.

AZ ADVenturist

Observer
I want a watch that tells the time, day & date with reasonable accuracy. No bells, no whistles or geegaws, pictures or GPS!! Under $150 so I can replace it without guilt when it is destroyed in the next moto crash;-)
Oh, & not a fashion accessory no body else gives a damn about.

Well, since this post I've tried 2 Seiko autos. Like the look & comfort. But neither kept time well. Loosing as much as 4minutes in a week.
Of course, bought 'em used. Maybe that's why the last guy sold them.
Not worth fixing.!
So, I sold 'em to the next sucker
That said - has any one here seen or bought the "SZANTO" brand.
I ordered one, kinda went over budget @ $166. W/ shipping from :
Www.medalsofamerica.com
They have other cool fake military stuff too.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Omega Seamaster. Need to replace the gaskets and have it cleaned up. Otherwise, I love it. going on 11 years with it relatively trouble free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94