Watches - ExPo Style

Well, bobDog get back to me when you are out in the boonies and your batteries die or your phone breaks. I will gladly give you the time from my twenty-five jewel swiss movement watch.

Cheers.

I work event security for a large multi-national org and I often work in locations where my cell phone loses signal (even in 2011 we don't have signal everywhere) that and working events I am checking my phone all the time. It would be nice just to look at my wrist and not reaching into a pocket for my phone every few min.

I understand though. I have not worn a watch (except for camping and skiing) for almost 10 years now. That is why I'm after a new one. Mine is pretty beat.

• I'm leaning to wards the luminox 0201 blackout. Anyone have one?

So far I have looked at:
  • 5.11's - cool watches, always wondered about them since they came out
  • G-Shock's - I like them, but the ones I have tried on are a bit thick and look like they would snag easy
  • Suunto Core - Still want one of these, but I don't think I would use all the features enough since I already carry a Garmin 60CSx backpacking so I have compass, altimeter and other things covered.

Last edited:
YEA! Me too.......who freakin needs a watch!
Were you traumatized by a watch as a kid? You really don't seem to like them. In which case I have to ask, why did you even open this thread? You sure won't find me opening any thread on mushrooms.:)

Back on topic, today I'm sporting this

Ive been wearing my Swiss Army Cavalry watch for the past 10 years and it has accompanied me on more outdoor trips than I can count. The silver on black makes it easy to read with a quick glance, and isnt too flashy.

Unfortunately all of the miles have taken their toll and mine is finally starting to die. Apparently this model is discontinued, but I luckily managed to find a new old stock unit for sale as its replacement. :)

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
My wife got this for my B-day this year after I broke my citizen world time watch (8yrs).

I have to say that I absolutely love this thing. I can read it in pitch black better than a freshly charged glow in the dark watch.

I found a used Suunto Vector (foliage) for $85. It needs a new strap. That seems like a pretty good deal. I am having trouble comparing it to the Luminox 0201 Blackout though. How big of a watch is the Vector? I've tried on the core and its almost a little big for an everyday watch.

I used to go for the big multifunction digital watches, but recently I've been going more towards slim watches.

I have a few Skagen watches, all of them are super light (titanium) and very low profile. I never take them off, and I've only scratched one of them on some granite.

My big boy watch is an Omega, but I leave it at home when camping and non-business travel. For everything else I have a Victorinox and a black plastic job (dunno, casio?).

I absolutely hate using a cell phone as a watch, but my blackberry makes a good alarm clock.