Warn

86cj

Explorer
I have looked at winches for a few years and always wanted a Warn but could not see parting with that much money, especially with all the new brand cheaper winches.

I really was thinking of getting a M8000 but decided to get the XP9500 and was feeling the pain of my puchase decision when my controller came out of the box pretty beat up. I called 4WD they called Warn and Warn sent a new controller in 4 days with no effort on my part. I now have a new controller and a spare with cosmetic damage. I also got a $10 thank you coupon in the mail from 4WD.

So at least somebody does have your back out there, I thought I would pass this along to the rest of you looking at winches......

Paul 3

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0011
86cj,
good to hear that WARN did you right. The decision to pay the higher price for a quality winch can be difficult at first particularly when, like you said, there are many other cheaper brands on the market. Two rules I've learned to live by when it comes to recovery gear: 1) there is no substitute for quality and 2) you can never have too much winch.

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles