Warn Wirerless Winch Remote to SmittyBilt XRC8 winch.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Found a smokin' deal on Warn Wireless Winch Remotes on EBay - new in the box for $60.00
Figured at that price, I could get one and another SmittyBilt wired control and figure out how to make it work. It was easier than I thought! I could not find any info online on how to marry the two together, so it took me a few minutes to figure it out.
I have a Warn 12K winch w/ Remote on the Power Wagon, so I was able to hook the new one up to it so that I could figure out which wires did what. For the Warn Remote it's:
Red w/ fuse = 12V power.
Black and Brown are a connection check if I'm guessing correctly.
Green = cable in.
Orange = cable out.
The SmittyBilt only has three wires:
Green = 12V power.
Grey = cable in.
Blue = cable out.
So wiring was straight forward - Red to Green for power, Green to Grey for cable in, and Orange to Blue for cable out.
To get the wireless to function, the black and brown are connected together to complete the wiring. Here's what I started with:
wiring diagram.jpg
Weather tight heat shrink crimp on connectors:
wiring connections.jpg
This shows both ends of the setup:
wiring showing control and plug.jpg
Completed loom:
completed loom.jpg
Decided to use the provided Velcro on the remote control and on the soliniod cover as the attachment to to make the system easy to store - it will go into the gear box in the Jeep, and be easily setup for use.
Hope this helps someone else - it sure is nice to have the wireless on the Jeep and SmittyBilt!
Mark

Last edited:

lcsodiver

Adventurer
Yeah I got one a put it on my Warn 8274. I emailed Warn about setting it up for the 3 wire solenoid and they said it couldn't be done and I'd need to buy the new 5 wire solenoid box :Wow1: Yeah right, so I traced the wire and got it hooked up the same way you did..... it's one of the best things I've added to my recovery toolbox :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94