Warn VR Evo

Z71-K9

Wish Warn would come out with either a bumper or Trans4mer for the new 2019 GM trucks. I would buy it and a new EVO immediately.

RickLB

Wish Warn would come out with either a bumper or Trans4mer for the new 2019 GM trucks. I would buy it and a new EVO immediately.

I’m looking for a bumper for my 2017 GMC 1500 that has parking sensors. Does Warn
make one for it?

Dan S.

Curious how the brake on the new VR EVO differs from the brake on the previous generation VR? and If the VR EVO brake is rated to hold the full winch pulling capacity?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Curious how the brake on the new VR EVO differs from the brake on the previous generation VR? and If the VR EVO brake is rated to hold the full winch pulling capacity?

The new VR EVO uses a spring brake vs. cone brake on the previous VR. Regardless of the different design, it will hold the winch's full-rated load like all other WARN winches.

Andy

jadmt

ignore button user
The new VR EVO uses a spring brake vs. cone brake on the previous VR. Regardless of the different design, it will hold the winch's full-rated load like all other WARN winches.

Andy

seems like the previous model ie 2nd gen VR8, vr10, vr12 might be the best one in this class. I know I would rather have the cone brake myself plus it gets the Waterproof Albright contactor that the first generation did not have.

this is straight from a Warn ad when the VR second series first came out.
  • Best-in-class cone brake holds full-rated winch load. No wimpy spring brakes!

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
The addition of a spring brake allowed us to reduce the VR EVO's cost while providing features like full waterproofing and wired and wireless control. Plus, the VR EVO spring brake does hold the full-rated load.

Andy

MiamiC70

The addition of a spring brake allowed us to reduce the VR EVO's cost while providing features like full waterproofing and wired and wireless control. Plus, the VR EVO spring brake does hold the full-rated load.

Andy
When are the Gen 5 Subaru Outback bumpers coming? I see the CrossTrex and now 2020 Outback are out. Hell of a lot more Gen5 Outbacks Overlanding than Gen6.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
When are the Gen 5 Subaru Outback bumpers coming? I see the CrossTrex and now 2020 Outback are out. Hell of a lot more Gen5 Outbacks Overlanding than Gen6.

We are definitely looking at the market for other Subaru Semi-Hidden Kit opportunities. Stay tuned.

Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles