Warn Trans4mer on a 2004 Sport Trac

pcjeeper

Observer
So, I just picked up a 2004 Sport Trac. Pretty neat little vehicle, but not a ton of aftermarket support, though it does share a lot of components with a similar-gen Ranger.

In any case, Warn makes the Trans4mer for up to the 2003 Ranger. It looks like that bumper will fit the 2004 and on Ranger with a little adjustment. I was wondering if anyone had made this work on a 1st gen Sport Trac? Any experience is appreciated.

Thanks!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
The front bumper is setup a bit different on the sport trac, don't think it would fit or look good at all.
I had an 05 sport trac, ran a 3" body lift, 4.88 gears, front and rear Aussie lockers, 33x12.50s. It was a fun rig and fairly comfortable. I had a local fab guy build a 2" receiver up front that stuck out of the hole in the front bumper. Then I ran a warm winch of the hitch platform....
I don't have any picture with the winch platform mounted, but the license plate is bolted to a 2" receiver plug up front.
bl2a.jpg

If you really want a bumper I'd recommend having one customer made, and cut the plastic off of the bottom half of the bumper cover.

pcjeeper

Observer
Thanks for the insight. I had a receiver mount winch in the past but I was always a little nervous of heavier pulls, especially those that were off center. Did you ever have any issues bending the receiver mount or hitch itself?

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Never a problem. I had the hitch custom made, it bolted in between the frame rails. I used it a handful of times. At least once was at an odd angle as I was sliding sideways down a hill.
The winch and plate actually belong to a friend, he used it that way on his TJ for years and now on his f150 mounted the same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior