Warn Industries Supports Expedition Portal

The eXpedition

For an Expedition, I'd opt for at least a 9,500 capacity unit or a ZEON 10 or ZEON 12 due to the weight.

The only mounting system we offer for the Expedition is our Hidden Kit, but a ZEON will not fit that unit.

You can find our app chart for the Hidden Kit here: https://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/hidden_kit_applications_ford.shtml

- Andy

How about a 2012 ford expedition? Do you have any recommendation before I order it from Amazon? I am going to order ZEON 89120, but I need to know the precautions before installing it on my expedition. Please do review my topic and list your recommendations.
Thanks

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
How about a 2012 ford expedition? Do you have any recommendation before I order it from Amazon? I am going to order ZEON 89120, but I need to know the precautions before installing it on my expedition. Please do review my topic and list your recommendations.
Thanks

The way we determine minimum winching capacity is to take:

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating x 1.5 = Minimum Pulling Capacity

My guess is a ZEON 12 will probably be enough. However, you can also e-mail our Customer Service at cs@warn.com and ask them directly.

Andy

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Ok, I just picked up a 82 E350 4x4 van with a 8274 on it. If I am not mistaken, that is an 8k winch. Is there any upgrades/updates to increase it's capacity?
Thanks
Mike

LIVEanimals

Observer
I was exploring the Warn site and came across the Gen II Trans4mer, looking at vehicle fitment it shows 2007-10 Ram 4500+5500. My rig is a SRW 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 I wouldn't think the mounting would be any different then mine. Maybe you can expand on that.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
After doing some research, it appears the winch I have is actually an original M8000 Belleview winch. 8000lb capacity. I haven't played with it yet. I do have the hand switch for it. Has some minor corrosion, but it should clean up OK. But with VanDOOM weighing over 8k, I am thinking I would have to swap it out.

Is there a Warn winch that has the front mount so I can just bolt it in place that has 12k+ capacity?

Attachments

• Winch1.jpg
    Winch1.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Winch3.jpg
    Winch3.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 40

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I'd call Warn before buying an M12000 mount for your Belleview or M8274. I do not believe the mounting patterns are the same. This could be confirmed by checking the bolt patterns on Warn.com.

- Andy

trailscape

Explorer
I'm trying to settle on a winch for my 02 Tundra. I already set it up with the Warn Trans4mer. I hardly do much beyond forest roads but I'm alone on just about all my trips and like to explore unknown places. I was aiming for the m8000, but it seems loaded up that might be a little under powered. Second option seems perhaps the VR10000, but I'm also considering a used XD9000i. Ideally, I'd like to be around $600.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Well, if you take the GVWR x 1.5 (I believe the Tundra's GVWR is 6,010), you'll get just about 9,000 so I'd go with at least that. A VR10 isn't a bad choice (I have a VR8-S on my Suzuki) at all; it will be a bit slower than an M8 or an XD9i.

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles