Wanting to upgrade year Xterra

AutoXSS

Adventurer
Anyone on here upgrade within the same generation X?

I toyed with the idea of selling our 06' Xterra OR 6spd and perhaps look into building a mild lx470. My wife is against it and suggested we just get a newer X Pro4x. We currently have 197k on ours. Timing chain guides at 130k, new clutch at 178k, Ome with 285's on 16x8 with melt mod has been more than enough to go wherever we needed(engineers pass was awesome!).

The newest X's don't have the timing guide issues? I think I'd probably just get the 2015 pro if I did do this and keep it for VERY LONG TIME. I'm assuming all my Ome fits the newer truck? Ideally, I'd want to get it and spend a few days transferring everything I wanted to keep off our old one. Probably worth more to sell with the stuff on it?

The next one would definitely get a rtt and rear bumper to stop dragging the rear hitch so much, lol!

jhberria

Adventurer
A 2015 won't have the timing chain guide issue, I believe they fixed that around 2011. Your OME suspension and any other upgrade you have on the `06 should swap right over to a newer X. If I were in your shoes, I would swap everything over before you sell the old one. Unless you find the perfect niche buyer, aftermarket upgrades will add very little to the value of a private party sale on an older vehicle.

For what it's worth, I have a 14 Pro4X that I bought new. It's heavily modified, well maintained, and recently crossed 100k miles. I plan on driving it till the doors fall off and it returns to the earth from whence it came.

AutoXSS

Adventurer
That's my plan with the next one, we're on the fence on getting another 6spd or automatic.

Worth more to pull the stuff off mine and swap it over. These don't seem to be worth much with this many miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94