Wanted: Small expo trailer (Ruger, VMI, Chaser, etc.) (Northern VA)

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Hitting pause on this search due to an unforeseen career opportunity that I’ll be undertaking over the next year. Unfortunately, I will not have much time to devote to camping/outdoor activities for awhile.

Thanks for those who reached out.

—-

ExPo,

I’m in the market for a small, well-made overland/expo/camping trailer. Looking for a Ruger, VMI, Chaser, etc. I want something that’s relative small that I can park in the back of the garage and keep loaded for trips. I think if I can keep the camping prep/recovery process simple, we’ll be inclined to do more trips as a family. RTT, awning, and a 2” hitch on the back would be welcomed options.

Price range is $5k-8k; preferably in good shape. I’d rather not buy a project with rust or in need of serious attention (I just do not have the time), but don’t mind tinkering with a few small things if needed. I’d like to see what is out there on the secondhand market.

I’m located in Northern Virginia. Please shoot me a PM with any prospective trailers.

Thanks!

-Steve

Last edited:

Buffdeez

Very cool. These are stout trailers, but I’m apprehensive regarding the logistics of getting it to VA (from Canada).
I got it in New Orleans and brought it over with ease so shouldn’t be a challenge to bring back over.

screwball48

Explorer

Not mine and no relation to the seller, but it may suite quite a few of your requirements. I do have a similar one and can attest to the build quality of these units.

Thomas B

California -

It’s been listed for a while.

Btw, still loving the truck! : )

1629646461634.jpeg

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
California -

It’s been listed for a while.

Btw, still loving the truck! : )

View attachment 677803

Thanks for the lead and the truck looks great!!!

We need to catch up sometime. It would be cool to see where you’ve taken the Tacoma and what mods you’ve done over the years.

Last edited:

in2b8u

I am going to have a Morris mule for sale this week
Pretty much stock
High and low racks
Spare mount/spare
Tongue box and power tank propane mount if wanted
In great condition

not far from you in WV

Last edited:

Jeepinaaron

Adventurer
I may have a trailer you are interested in. I've been toying with selling it just because with my new job I don't get out as much. Maybe this is a sign.

Ive had the trailer since about 2017. It started as, and is registered as, a M416 trailer. When I got the trailer it had a solid frame but rusted tub. Ditched the tub, sand blasted the flame. I came up with the design and had a buddy weld up the box. I don't remember the exact thickness of the material used, but the box is made with square tubing and is then skinned in sheet metal. The box has one large door in the back and two doors on the front of both sides. There is a fridge slide made out of 80/20 which extends out of the driver's side. I changed the hitch to a 2" tube, so that you can remove the 2" shank to make it shorter for storage. It uses a 2" ball and 7-pin electric. I replaced the axle with a 3500 lbs axle on 5x5 bolt pattern, it currently has custom Jeep WJ wheels which I had bored out to fit over the hubs. It does not have brakes but the axle is flanged for brakes for easy addition. I added a box to the tongue which houses the yellow top deep cycle battery which is wired to some eletrical ports and switches. There is a 50w solar panel mounted to the back door which is on a piston for optimal sun. It currently sits on 245/75/16" almost brand new Goodyear tires. They match my Jeep.

The tent is a 4 person tepui, biggest one they make. It has the anti-condensation mat under the mattress. The tent is in good shape. The tent is mounted on front runner rails and can be easily re-positioned.

ARB awning is mounted to the driver's side which extends over the fridge area. I've toyed with different mounting heights with the awning. I have an ARB full room and screened room.

I like this trailer, the only thing I would change on it soon if I keep it is replacement springs. They sit almost flat. I upgraded the c-shackles with some lift shackles but I think it needs new springs, it would be an easy fix.

I'm located in northern VA. I haven't listed this anywhere else. I'd let it go for $7,200. Everything included, minus the fridge which is in the pictures. It is currently garage stored. I can get more pictures if you are interested.

-Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_174429775.jpg
    IMG_20201107_174429775.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20201107_174456577.jpg
    IMG_20201107_174456577.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20201108_163753016~2.jpg
    IMG_20201108_163753016~2.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 57

Forum statistics