Wanted: Robust Trailer with Brakes

Carolina4x4

Need a suitable trailer, no more than $15000, for a 3-year trip across North and South America and Africa. Must be rugged, easy to fix (no fancy suspension systems), secure against theft (closed top), rainproof, and come with brakes (we are travelling in a 5th gen 4runner with stock brakes). Looking for a tent to go on top, too. Proximity to North Carolina a plus. Thanks!

dan0mite

I’m in SC and could be persuaded to sell my trailer as it doesn’t get used as much as I’d like. What I’d be asking is under your budget and already would come with an extended CVT Mt. Shasta Summit Series w/ awning room and a FoxWing awning. The hubs are brake-ready (easily added) but I never felt the need for them. If you want more info, PM me and I’ll send you my number so we can talk.

Build thread for the trailer: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/emprise-trailer-build-by-sos-concepts.516131/

60D85AED-3DAA-4109-BC70-25FC9656E3A4.jpeg

Carolina4x4

I’m in SC and could be persuaded to sell my trailer as it doesn’t get used as much as I’d like. What I’d be asking is under your budget and already would come with an extended CVT Mt. Shasta Summit Series w/ awning room and a FoxWing awning. The hubs are brake-ready (easily added) but I never felt the need for them. If you want more info, PM me and I’ll send you my number so we can talk.

Build thread for the trailer: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/emprise-trailer-build-by-sos-concepts.516131/

View attachment 440478
Thanks, danOmite. Will be checking out a trailer locally on the weekend; if it doesn't pan out, will get in touch.

Carolina4x4

Thanks, everyone; I need to see what the final build costs of our expedition vehicle is going to be, so am putting the trailer search on hold for a few months.

Yeti1

Thinking of parting with mine. It was built as an expedition trailer but I am now wanting something smaller I can use on tight trails. Its a steel frame with the upper box being all aluminum. 16 gallon on board water, solar with multiple 12v outlets throughout. both sides of the trailer are the same as in picture with the same number of doors. Front and back also have large doors. Has Timbren 2200 lb axleless suspension. The tent rack motorizes to 8 feet above the ground. Currently set up for Jeep JK wheels. Also has brake hubs, just never installed the brakes. Just PM me if you might be interested and I will speak with my wife to see if she will part with it. Have yet to go camping with it since it seems to rain every weekend since Its been completed. I live in Georgia near Athens.

raby2x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles