WANTED or reward to help me find!!!!! CUSTOM CV BOOTS!

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Hello all………
I
m trying to avoid tooling a part to make a part! IE $1000s!

Ideally there is a supplier out there I can stock up on these:

CV Boot: 3" opening one side 7" on the other… about a 4" on the accordian part (length) 3-4 rolls

The "boot" does not rotate like a boot but it is the same application. Sometimes they are called "bellows"

This is for a crazy rare vehicle so I need to go off the size as listed! I will pay a reward to the finder of this part even! The OE community is pretty resourceful so I thought I'd throw it out here! Any ideas… blast em to me! Thanks & happy hunting!

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Is this for your Coot?

If so, I'll dig around a bit, but yeah I can imagine it'd be a PITA to find. It's out there though....anyway. LMK.

yellowranger1

Where are you located? You may want to try one of the off road race parts stores like KARTEK, McKenzies, or Off Road Warehouse. They all have very knowledgable sales reps in the buggy departments that may be able to help you track down what you're looking for, or an alternative. They all stock various rubber "accordion" boots as well as leather boots.

KARTEK - (951)737-7223

McKenzies - (714)441-1212

Off Road Warehouse - (619)442-8689

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Its his 1958 Mopar XM-410 Amphibious 8WD. 40" Tires, All Aluminum. Original Cold War Prototype of 6 built

I still say one of the unimog torque tube boots would be pretty close...

Leather boots could look pretty cool perhaps :)

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Its his 1958 Mopar XM-410 Amphibious 8WD. 40" Tires, All Aluminum. Original Cold War Prototype of 6 built

Unimog Torque tube boot is exactly what I was thinking of. Unimog-S should be pretty close, but a quick call would verify it. Past that point I'd try posting on the Rokon forum, lots of crossovers, likewise on the AATV forum...

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Is this for your Coot?

If so, I'll dig around a bit, but yeah I can imagine it'd be a PITA to find. It's out there though....anyway. LMK.

No… for my 8x8 Military proto….. no CVs on coot… just lots of greaser & straight axle_ suspension is the tire & articulating body!

Amphibeast

Adventurer
VW!

Hmmmmmm, this is a different approach! I will give it a whirl….. I remember this, seeing these because the were so big sticking out of the back of the bugs…… I will call the local "buggy vw shop" maybe they could measure one…… Good resourceful thinking!

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Closest I could find is BT-1083: http://www.columbiaerd.com/standard-bellows.php

Small end is smaller than you need but you can usually cut off a corrugation or 2.

Close….. maybe they can do a custom version of this or a send me one to test… they are $104 each…gulp! I would need 8 min and a couple spares! … yes, that is $1040 in inner boots… Ill need the outers as well… $2K… damn /-:

Anyone ever try a fund me campaign or kickstarter for their rig? …..I need another $5K for the Iroks too…lol… RUBBER IS EXPENSIVE… but babies cost more!

Amphibeast

Adventurer

…I did hear back from "Haumburg" and the measurement I got would not work…. I asked around to some Pinzgaur guys with no luck…

So far Trophy Truck stuff is close too… but off by an inch on the large end…. I would cover them up with leather boot or an outer protective boot if I can get them that big.

These boots need to be "solid" and not a split boot as they keep water out of the hull…. keep me from sinking! Very important detail when crossing the sea of cortez!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles