Wanted: CDN M101 Lunette/Spring/Castle Nut assembly

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a Lunette Ring, Spring and Castle Nut they aren't using and want to sell? If you do, let me know and thanks!!
Greg

VanIsle_Greg

Ask and ye shapp receive.
Lets see the work.

Just got shipped out today...lol. I have a "plan" for it. I want to keep my stock landing leg/lunette combo but want to add length to it. The CDN M101 is WAY too short IMHO from axle centerline to lunette, backs up a little on the twitchy side. I am going to extend the draw bar yet keep it easily reversable to stock config. If it all works as planned, this should be pretty kool.

Once I have it in hand, I will post up some pics. Just need a coupler of some description now. Hmmm.....

VanIsle_Greg

Arrived yesterday.

09dcfbfa.jpg

Getting hacked up this weekend!!

:cool:

VanIsle_Greg

Cut the ring off last weekend... completely killed 2 cut off wheels, they were for mild steel and not cast iron, so yeah...

05efa4c1.jpg

Used a flapper disk to "adjust" the edges and square them off to fit in the receiver tube. Worked awesome, locked it right in there snugly...no movement.

c105fad1.jpg

Tonight I went over to Mikes from Trekken Offroad to do some work and some planning. I drilled through the cast with a 1/2" bit on a dril press and a LOT of cutting lube. Holy crow that stuff is hard to drill and cut. I then bolted it in place with a sweet grade 8 bolt Mike had in the fasteners bin, and then he graciously welded it up. Cast was nice and hot, the welds bonded very well.

f438e4ce.jpg

Should have the extended tongue on this weekend with a standard 2" ball hitch for now until I get my coupler. Added bonus, the tongue will have the ability to rotate in the housing just like the ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94