Wanted: 2005 (+-) Tundra 4wd Low Milage Unicorn (Help Me)

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Its hard to really compare reliability of a tundra/tacoma and full size diesels. Diesels are built for performance, and a lot more is expected of them. What is more impressive? A tundra daily driven to work for a million miles or a 5.9/7.3/6.7 diesel truck that has a half million miles pulling heavy equipment behind it or working at max capacity whether its payload or towing?

Bottom line is, if the truck is meeting your needs for an acceptable period of time or mileage, then thats all that matters.

3 of the million mile trucks are used towing loads and carrying weight in the beds.

Pnwfullsize

3 of the million mile trucks are used towing loads and carrying weight in the beds.

Okay but they're just not being asked to do what full size diesels are, because they cant. Its like a honda civic and a Ferrari. You can drive fast in one, and really fast in the other. One will last longer, the other wont.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Okay but they're just not being asked to do what full size diesels are, because they cant. Its like a honda civic and a Ferrari. You can drive fast in one, and really fast in the other. One will last longer, the other wont.

Ok I guess a million miles towing more than it’s rated for and carrying more than it’s rated for is not impressive and to top it off the gas engine is not designed to last that long, but yet multiple of them have.

beef tits

How did I miss-quote you?....I used the quote button! Just look at your two statements above.?‍♂️

View attachment 621663

You are picking and choosing my words instead of comprehending the entire statement. Your entire response was barely relevant. A Ford will last 1,000,000 miles, sure, but you'll likely replace most of the trucks major components to get there.

If Toyota had built and sold HD diesel trucks in the US over the years, Ford, GM and Chrysler would be out of business. Electric trucks will rule them all going forward.

Last edited:

beef tits

It's more like a Toyota Supra and a Ferrari. Both are really fast but one is an unreliable piece of garbage that is expensive to maintain and only does a handful of things better than are't relevant to most people.

My Tundra has more payload than my F250 did. It's faster and more comfortable. It won't pull quite as much, true, but for 95% of truck owners it gets the job done just as well with many less repair bills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier