Wanted: 1017 Mercedes

Rothway

I would prefer not to have to import one and looking to see if there are any of these stateside? Anyone have one for sale or know of a surplus or location that sells them?

Thanks,

Greg

mctowery

1979 Mercedes 1017 DOKA

Hi, noticed your posting for a 1017. I am planning on selling mine, imported from Germany last year and I've made little progress. Facing facts that managing a 3 State area for a large company and having a family are tough commitments. I'm looking to sell and get a Defender 110, something I would drive more often. Mine is a 1979 with the same OM352a turbo diesel as the newer Unimogs. only 22,000 Kilometers (log book included), was kept in a firehouse so it's been well maintained. No rust. Front seats are tired/split and have covers on them. It's a rare DOKA/Crew Cab version with a huge interior and seating for 6-8 depending on how cramped you want to be. Diamond plate roof for easy tent install or the rear can be converted to anything now that the fire pump and 600 gallon have been gutted. I sourced a rare set of Atlas wheels and brand new Michelin XZL 46" tires so the stance and ground clearance are awesome. Not sure what a fair price would be. Hoping the attached photo opens, I'm new to this site. IMG_3740.jpgIMG_3740.jpgIMG_3740.jpg

rabble

Observer
Having owned a unimog, i lust after the 1017 because it gives most of what you need offroad but doesn't have the crazy portal axel problems and is easier to drive on the highway.

Joe917

Explorer
Don't restrict yourself to 1017s. 917 1117 and 1217 trucks come up too. you want the A or AF designation A-All wheel drive(full time) and F-Firetruck
MAN also makes a fine truck

rontaki

Observer
Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus - used Mercedes firetrucks

Those interested in used Mercedes trucks might want to check out Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus - https://www.firetruckmall.com/

You can search on Mercedes to narrow the field. There are a number of Unimog variants among the offerings.
I have only looked at their web pages, and have no actual experience or other knowledge about them.

snowfall2009

Observer
Still looking for a 1017?

We will soon be selling ours after a trip in North and South America. It is a 4x4 1017A with an extended 1.5 cab.
PM if you are interested.

originaliowan

1979 Mercedes 1017 DOKA

Hi, noticed your posting for a 1017. I am planning on selling mine, imported from Germany last year and I've made little progress. Facing facts that managing a 3 State area for a large company and having a family are tough commitments. I'm looking to sell and get a Defender 110, something I would drive more often. Mine is a 1979 with the same OM352a turbo diesel as the newer Unimogs. only 22,000 Kilometers (log book included), was kept in a firehouse so it's been well maintained. No rust. Front seats are tired/split and have covers on them. It's a rare DOKA/Crew Cab version with a huge interior and seating for 6-8 depending on how cramped you want to be. Diamond plate roof for easy tent install or the rear can be converted to anything now that the fire pump and 600 gallon have been gutted. I sourced a rare set of Atlas wheels and brand new Michelin XZL 46" tires so the stance and ground clearance are awesome. Not sure what a fair price would be. Hoping the attached photo opens, I'm new to this site. View attachment 414874View attachment 414874View attachment 414874

Did you ever sell your 1017?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles