Want to check out your Tacoma or Tundra FWC Setup

nocean

Adventurer
Hello,

My wife and I are thinking of hitting the road for a year and looking at getting a Tacoma or Tundra and a FWC setup. I have a pretty built 100 series now but its just not super livable in the long run especially in bad weather. I live in west Los Angeles area and wondering if anyone or multiple people would be willing to just let me check out the rigs and set ups to get an idea of livable space.

Thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you.

n

MINO

Adventurer
I don't have a FWC but I do have a 2012 Tundra with a 2013 Phoenix if you're interested in comparing.

We were in the same situation with our 80 series.

nocean

Adventurer
This is great info.

-There isn't a FWC dealer but I didn't know about the American RV Company, thanks for that bit of info.
-I will post up on Wander the West, I had glanced on that site but not signed up yet.
-The trade shows would be great, I'll put that on the calendar, maybe a little too far out but would be good to see regardless.

thanks

nocean

Adventurer
How come your wavering between the 80 and the camper? Anything I should be thinking about since you have both?

MINO

Adventurer
How come your wavering between the 80 and the camper? Anything I should be thinking about since you have both?

We started with a similar goal for a year on the road. We were working up plans for the 80 and found it just wasn't enough space for 2 people and our 2 cats. So we picked up the tundra and a camper.

We love and use both rigs. Different tools for different adventures.

The 80 is great for tighter trails and shorter trips. Easier to boondock with. Better on gas than the tundra.
Problem is having to move all the "stuff" so we can sleep inside it.

The tundra+camper is great for extended trips. Having water, shower, gas, fridge and more storage helps.
I get about 13mpg in summer. 11mpg in winter.

We nearly bought a FWC silver spur but we needed something a bit more custom.
We haven't taken off for our year trip yet. But the short trips we've been taking with it have been a nice temporary fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz