Want to buy Jeep JKU that is overland ready / partially overland ready

resqd1

Adventurer
Yeah I saw your post and thought thats funny we are both looking for the same rig, I ended up finding a 2011 auto with a 4" lift on 35s so now the real fun begins of building it

I know I shouldn’t be scared of the 3.8 but it is in my head so that is why I am looking for. 2012 or newer. Also another buddy told me it’s power is a little low. I want to be on 37s.

Stroked 550

Adventurer
I know I shouldn’t be scared of the 3.8 but it is in my head so that is why I am looking for. 2012 or newer. Also another buddy told me it’s power is a little low. I want to be on 37s.

I didnt have any worries about it in that regard but both the 3.6 and 3.8 are absolute dogs they cant get out of their own way if their life depended on it lol

I'm looking into the supercharger options or a hemi swap sometime in the future

resqd1

Adventurer
I didnt have any worries about it in that regard but both the 3.6 and 3.8 are absolute dogs they cant get out of their own way if their life depended on it lol

I'm looking into the supercharger options or a hemi swap sometime in the future

HEMI would be legit but I’m in CA. Not sure it can be done legally. Supercharger maybe.

Darkhorse34

Hi guys! I have the rig you are looking for, if you have the chedda. This was my dream build that I just finished in January. I've slept in the camper a total of 4 nights and have never been on more than utility roads.. Selling because I am a disabled vet with a bad back, and it looks like gold prospecting is not gonna be my thing. Gonna start a t-shirt biz..Top of the line everything. I will post the specs soon. Just decided to sell a few days ago.

Attachments

• 69284449-BFFD-407F-9F5B-4E1F1BC5D0A7.JPG
    69284449-BFFD-407F-9F5B-4E1F1BC5D0A7.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 65

Darkhorse34

I'm to lazy to type everything up rtnow, but here is a pic of what I've put in her. I'm asking 66k

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62

resqd1

Adventurer
Hi guys! I have the rig you are looking for, if you have the chedda. This was my dream build that I just finished in January. I've slept in the camper a total of 4 nights and have never been on more than utility roads.. Selling because I am a disabled vet with a bad back, and it looks like gold prospecting is not gonna be my thing. Gonna start a t-shirt biz..Top of the line everything. I will post the specs soon. Just decided to sell a few days ago.

First off thank you for
Your service

second thing though if you notice in his original post he stated he is trying to keep budget under 30k. Same here. I am just a simple CA firefighter getting my butt kicked. Lol. So as amazing your Jeep is and I would
Love to own it. Our budgets combined won’t even cover your asking of 66k. I am pretty sure my 1997 ford ranger and 25k ain’t gonna cut it. Lol. Best of
Luck brother.

Darkhorse34

First off thank you for
Your service

second thing though if you notice in his original post he stated he is trying to keep budget under 30k. Same here. I am just a simple CA firefighter getting my butt kicked. Lol. So as amazing your Jeep is and I would
Love to own it. Our budgets combined won’t even cover your asking of 66k. I am pretty sure my 1997 ford ranger and 25k ain’t gonna cut it. Lol. Best of
Luck brother.
Thank you for fighting them fires out there!! stay safe

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
For those looking for a turnkey jeep package, I am just barely starting down the road of getting mine ready to sell. 2014 JKUR auto 49,000 miles.

Build thread HERE

$37,000

You would have to stretch your budget a little, but not a lot for an absolutely bomber truck for exploring. I have kept this rig in perfect mechanical condition, and there are ZERO issues. I would not hesitate to jump in this truck to drive anywhere. Super well balanced build for both highway driving and off road work. Though I drove it off road frequently, I never pushed it or wheeled it hard. Our trips are almost always solo, so if the rig couldn't handle something with a light touch on the throttle, then we weren't doing it.

Truck is in Utah, and has been garage kept and pampered its whole life. Never driven in the winter / salt.

My wife and I have gotten really into sailing, and after 12 years banging around in the UT desert in two different rigs, we have decided to extract the value from this vehicle and buy a sailboat.

Think about it, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want more pics.

Last edited:

resqd1

Adventurer
For those looking for a turnkey jeep package, I am just barely starting down the road of getting mine ready to sell. 2014 JKUR auto 49,000 miles.

Build thread HERE

$37,000

You would have to stretch your budget a little, but not a lot for an absolutely bomber truck for exploring. I have kept this rig in perfect mechanical condition, and there are ZERO issues. I would not hesitate to jump in this truck to drive anywhere. Super well balanced build for both highway driving and off road work. Though I drove it off road frequently, I never pushed it or wheeled it hard. Our trips are almost always solo, so if the rig couldn't handle something with a light touch on the throttle, then we weren't doing it.

Truck is in Utah, and has been garage kept and pampered its whole life. Never driven in the winter / salt.

My wife and I have gotten really into sailing, and after 12 years banging around in the UT desert in two different rigs, we have decided to extract the value from this vehicle and buy a sailboat.

Think about it, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want more pics.

I appreciate the reach out but way out of budget. Thanks though and best of luck.

skilledbum23

hey guys and gals

Im looking to buy a Jeep JKU that is overland ready with rooftop tent and some other doodads (bumper, LED lights winch etc) or partially overland ready lol

Im trying to keep the budget under $30k

please send me a PM with details if you have one.

Geographically Im looking for one in WA, OR, CA or northern NV

Hey there, i just saw your post and I have a 2011 JKU that is going up for sale and I think it might be what you are looking for. 4inch lift, 37s, on board air, re-geared to 5.38s, snorkel, hid headlights, frame sliders, and not pictured a GOBI rack just installed two weeks ago. asking $27,500

Attachments

• armorlite flooring.jpg
    armorlite flooring.jpg
    850.7 KB · Views: 44
  • leather front seats.jpg
    leather front seats.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 43
  • new rims and tires.jpg
    new rims and tires.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 48
  • shock skids.jpg
    shock skids.jpg