Want OE jeep rims 16"

Nathant78

Observer
What models came with 16's as stock? would need to be the older 5 on 4.5 pattern.
i would love to find a set of TJ rubi rims but they are scarce now days.

ExpoMike

Late model ('99-'01 maybe a year or two earlier) Cherokee (XJ) Classic and Limited had 16x7 wheels with the 5 on 4.5" pattern. Not sure on the years but I know a lot of Grand Cherokee's (ZJ) came with 16" wheels in the same pattern. I also believe the 1st Gen Liberty's had the same size/pattern. Not sure about the new body style.

Hope that helps.

Nathant78

Observer
thanks for the information. will look out on CL for some. friend is upgrading tires and is going to sell me his 265's cheap.

DarinM

Explorer
Hmmm... I'm considering going from 16s to 15s on my Rubicon, which would mean I might have a set of 5 Moab wheels for sale. Too bad you're kinda far from Austin...

tommudd

Explorer
Libertys have the same bolt pattern all years
first Gen and last
One of my friends ran a set of Liberty steel wheels on his TJ for a couple of years worked great

Would love to have another set of Rubi Moabs for spares and my trailer

troy

Adventurer
They do make reproduction Rubicon rims. I've seen them at Quadratec for $140 per wheel. Not the cheapest route, but they would be new.

Pretty sure ZJs had a few styles in 16". They offsets might not be the best with a larger tire.

njtaco

Explorer
Just wondering (as I don't have a horse in this race)...is the offset the same on the models suggested above? I mean, is the offset the same on the Liberty (IFS) and the Rubicon (solid axle)?? Or is the difference negligible?

alosix

Expedition Leader
the 265s are probably around 10" wide right?

I'm not sure there are really any Jeep wheels besides the rubicon that have enough back spacing for that width to work well, and the rubi will likely be a little tight.

tweenerlj

Adventurer
Quite a few fords came with that bolt pattern too. My sons Ranger did but it had 15" wheels

The center hole in the ranger wheels is .050" too small to fit on the jeep hub. Can be fixed with a drum sander chucked in a hand drill though.

troy

Adventurer
the 265s are probably around 10" wide right?

I'm not sure there are really any Jeep wheels besides the rubicon that have enough back spacing for that width to work well, and the rubi will likely be a little tight.

I've got 255/70/16 on Rubi wheels on my Cherokee. 265s would be doable, but you'd likely have to adjust the steering stops to accomodate the diameter (32"). My 255 BFGs nearly touch the control arms fully turned (about 31" dia). They should work fine in the rear, as I have no troubles and they tuck nice.

cyclic

Adventurer
Hmmm... I'm considering going from 16s to 15s on my Rubicon, which would mean I might have a set of 5 Moab wheels for sale. Too bad you're kinda far from Austin...

Oh, sure, now that I've got my Grand Cherokee all set up with tires on factory 16's you wanna go tempt me with the ones I was looking for earlier this year!!!

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Check the flea market at rubiconownersforum.com for Moabs. They come up all the time, and I believe there is at least one set on there now. My son bought 6 beat up Moabs for $300 shipped. We cleaned them up and painted them and they look nearly new (from more than 2' away :) )

Grand Cherokee wheels will not fit the YJ/TJ/LJ hubs - different bolt pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles